JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

UHD 4k dropping sound

(Topic created: 09-04-2022 12:45 PM)
Spidr62
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Why does my new TV periodically drop sound for a few seconds? This is something that continues to happen about once an hour. The picture stays on, but sound drops for a second or two. I have it hooked up the same as my last Samsung TV, HDMI from the cable box to the TV and optical from the TV to the Bose surround sound. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Spidr62
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
No dice. No magnets found. Cables all connected the same as they were on my 58" Samsung 4k. Took the TV back and exchanged it for another. We'll see if the problem continues or not. So far so good.

View solution in context

3 Replies
stevejobs
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
You need to clean your cable connections as well as make sure the connections aren't near any magnets (they could be as small as refrigerator magnets) as this can disrupt the signal. With how minor its effecting your sound id say it can't be bigger than a refrigerator magnet so no need to worry.
0 Likes
Solution
Spidr62
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
No dice. No magnets found. Cables all connected the same as they were on my 58" Samsung 4k. Took the TV back and exchanged it for another. We'll see if the problem continues or not. So far so good.
Spidr62
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
No sound drop now. I'm saying I had a defective TV.
0 Likes