JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Amazon Prime Video App Won't Launch

(Topic created: 10-22-2023 12:52 PM)
tmhanser
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I can't get the Amazon Prime Video app to launch on my 50" Class NU6900 Smart 4K UHD TV (2018). My Amazon credentials have been submitted, I've reinstalled the Amazon app several times now, did a cold start (hold the power button for 5 seconds), and reset my network.

I have other streaming apps that run just fine on this TV. Also, I have the Amazon Prime Video app running on two other TVs in this house, one Samsung TV and one Roku device.

When I choose the Amazon app on this one particular Samsung TV, it starts to load and then shows my login credentials. Then, nothing. It defaults back to the live TV channel I was previously watching.

Is there a limit to how many devices you can run an app on? Doubtful.

What else could it be?

Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
You will need to go into your Prime video account settings. Now click on the your devices tab. Next deregister any old devices and if you see your TV also deregister your TV. once that's completed open your TVs app. Press menu then settings go to support now click device care you are now going to want to click Start device care once that is complete click on manage storage. Now manage storage and clear the cache under the Prime video app. now go ahead and use your login information for prime and it should work.Screenshot_20231022_124811_Amazon Shopping.jpg20231022_125125_1000016166_1698004287.jpg20231022_125211_1000016167_1698004332.jpg
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Also a fyiScreenshot_20231022_125431_Chrome.jpg
tmhanser
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Fixed it, thanks for your suggestions and guidance. I first went into my Amazon devices and DEregistered the one problematic device.

My Samsung menu is different than what you suggested, but I was able to reset the entire TV and also reset the Smart Hub, which logs you out of all of your accounts, wireless router, your Samsung account (TV) and all my streaming apps.

It took a few minutes but I finally got Amazon Prime Video to run on this one TV.

Thanks again.