JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Audio Lag On HW-Q80R Soundbar

(Topic created: 01-12-2021 08:39 AM)
JP11
Halo
Options
Home Theater

The soundbar is connected to a Sony XBR 930D tv. I’ve only had the soundbar about 10 days and I wasn’t having this issue initially. So I’m thinking it may be due to some setting I’ve changed on the tv, I’ve been playing around quite a bit trying to get the ideal set up. The issue is that the video is fractionally ahead of the audio, enough for me to notice and be annoyed when I see lips moving out of sync with the words. The audio delay function on the soundbar cannot help, it can only worsen the issue. I have a Fios One dvr providing my tv service. It’s connected to the tv and the tv is connected by the HDMI(ARC) connection to the soundbar. 

Again, I suspect it’s some setting I’ve changed on the tv since there was no such issue when I first installed the soundbar. I’ve read similar complaints but since the issue did not initially exist I’m not thinking this is due to the soundbar. But I don’t know what setting I could change on my tv to resolve this. Both the tv and the soundbar are on their latest respective software versions. The soundbar, 1008. Any suggestions on resolving this?

14 Replies
userLETD5u9VKe
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have a QN90 TV connected to the Q800A soundbar.   Immediately after purchasing the system, I noticed lip sync issues.   I updated the QN90 firmware to version 15.5 but I still felt like I could not get an exact sync between video and audio, even using the audio delay feature on the QN90 TV,

Today I switched the digital audio input on the QN90 TV from automatic to pass thru.   That seems to have solved my synch issues.

0 Likes
Members_OG0hbeL
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I think yours is the solution everyone should try.  Worked for me.

0 Likes
userjb5BnL80nB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

What a crappy work around. Why is there a delay in the first place? Is this a FIOS compatibility issue? I have no delays while viewing in Netflix. From a technical standpoint, I would like to know why this is happening. I was looking to return my soundbar. It's very annoying.

JP11
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I had the lag on my Apple TV apps, Amazon Video, Netflix, etc., when I had the ATV as well as Fios dvr connected first to tv then soundbar. Was only resolved after connecting them to soundbar first. Not a Fios issue but a connection problem from the tv. 

Some were able to resolve it by the use of an optical cable rather than the HDMI connections. That’s what I was using on my previous Samsung soundbar with no lag issues. My Sony tv has had at least one update since then that might have resolved this but since it's all working fine connected directly to soundbar I'm leaving it alone. 

0 Likes
userjb5BnL80nB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a Samsung Q90 and am having the same problem so dont think its your Sony.