JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Best way to connect devices

(Topic created: 04-24-2024 06:19 PM)
anandsrid
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has an optimal way of connecting devices together. It matter before I purchase said products this month hopefully. I have owned a previous HK950 soundbar and I had issues so just wanted to get feedback on current devices. I have been planning to get either an s95D or an LG G4. I also was pretty sold on the Q990D. And I also want to connect a gaming PC(currently with a 3080 but hoping this upcoming 50 series can play 4k comfortably at 120). I love movies and dolby atmos has been at the forefront of my enjoyment(Might be placebo tho). In the past I have had to connect the PC to the soundbar for dolby atmos and then to the regular arc of the an older curved 4k samsung TV. I have no real experiance with E-ARC. Would connecting the PC and the PS5 to the TV directly and the soundbar to the eARC port be the best possible way to not only get atmos from the PC but also the 4k 120hz HDR 4:4:4. Or would it require being passed through the sound bar. If i could save some money with a Q990c in this regard given the same hardware has been used, that would be the best for my bank. 

Happy to answer any further questions. Ideally given the price of even just the 77" version of both flagship TVs I would ideally want a no compramise solution but I have too little experiance with eARC to just jump in and trust it work(though I assume it does given sonos arcs don't have pass through)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamU23
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

1. Make sure the HDMI cable connecting the Philips Hue Sync box to the TV is plugged into an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port on your TV. This will ensure that audio signals can be sent from your TV to the soundbar.

2. Check the settings on your TV to see if there is an option to enable audio pass-through for external devices connected via HDMI. This setting may need to be turned on in order for the audio from the Philips Hue Sync box to be passed through to the soundbar.

3. Try connecting the Philips Hue Sync box directly to the soundbar instead of the TV. This may help ensure that the audio signal is being correctly passed through to the soundbar.

4. If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Samsung customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide troubleshooting steps specific to your TV model and help you get Q-Symphony working with the Philips Hue Sync box

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamU23
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

1. Make sure the HDMI cable connecting the Philips Hue Sync box to the TV is plugged into an HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) port on your TV. This will ensure that audio signals can be sent from your TV to the soundbar.

2. Check the settings on your TV to see if there is an option to enable audio pass-through for external devices connected via HDMI. This setting may need to be turned on in order for the audio from the Philips Hue Sync box to be passed through to the soundbar.

3. Try connecting the Philips Hue Sync box directly to the soundbar instead of the TV. This may help ensure that the audio signal is being correctly passed through to the soundbar.

4. If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Samsung customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide troubleshooting steps specific to your TV model and help you get Q-Symphony working with the Philips Hue Sync box