Original topic:

Mirroring tv screen to Freestyle projector

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Community,

What TV models are supported for “TV Access” Festure on Samsung Freestyle 2nd Gen projector? 

I am using a TU8000, AU7090 and T4300 and neither shows the projector under the Device List section

Thanks 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! This feature is not available for all TV's. I would recommend looking through your user manual to find out more information. You can try the following below. But this again may not work. As for a list of what TVs are compatible I will look further into this to try to get the list as soon as I can!

There may be issues with this as from the info provided it seems your TV is connected through LAN, I would recommend just testing it, as I know that it should still work even while on LAN, but try with both the TV and Freestyle connected to the same Wi-Fi band I would recommend using 2.4GHz as our TV's will sometimes have issues connecting ton 5GHz bands.

***Edit***

Unfortunately based on our research we were unable to find a published list of compatible units. But the steps from the link you post should be the correct steps. If those are not working for you then that would be the TV is not compatible. From our research the TV we know that is compatible is the Frame TV. You can look here for more info on the frame TV.

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/the-frame/32-class-the-frame-qled-hdr-smart-...

View solution in context

15 Replies
userra
Comet
Options
Home Theater
maybe you have to add projector to smart things app?
0 Likes
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The projector is already registered to Smartthings and working as expected, but when I try to follow the steps per Samsung as follows: 

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-mirror-your-tv-content-on-the-freestyle-pro...

the projector is not listed under the TV Device Manager option

so, I read another thread they were saying not all TVs are supported but does not give any list to check out compatibility for that feature 

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Home Theater
What if you connect via hdmi and go to sound to output to your TV and then it might show up under connected devices with your remote and tv access and your TV might appear and then disconnect the hdmi . I'm assuming thistry your TU8000 MODELand also make sure the tv screen mirror feature is on.
0 Likes
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Let me try to understand, you want me to connect  the projector via its HDMI directly to the TV HDMI port? 

Both are Input based HDMI ports, aren’t they? If so, how it suppose  to they can recognize each other?

The TU8000 is LAN connected and the projector is under my 5Ghz Band, I guess that should not be a problem as there is not any restriction on my network to discover devices each other 

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Home Theater
Do you have device isolation like firewall restrictions ? If you don't have a hdmi to hdmi cord do not worry.
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Home Theater
If your TV is 3840x2160 resolution it may be to high to be compatible, since freestyle is 1080p, but it did say that TV is compatible on the internet.
0 Likes
ascernas
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I may think about it but if you see the video I shared, they use the Serif TV which is a better TV than mine, so I would guess is not related to resolution. 

Where did you find at least the TU8000 is compatible? 

userra
Comet
Options
Home Theater
You shared a video? I will re-read the thread to see it. I got my information via Google Gemini quoted Yes, the Samsung TU8000 is compatible with the Samsung Freestyle 2.0 projector for screen mirroring using the TV Access feature. This has been confirmed by Samsung users on the Samsung Community forums.

Also Samsung has whatsapp maybe you can better help than me. That link you posted
0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
Home Theater
That Serif TV reminds me of Lenovo idea centre's moveable PC. I wish that projector would work maybe a dongle is what you need you know, I use a really old chrome cast with my NEC projector. I just think projectors are way cooler than TVs. I'm wondering if there's a drm digital rights restriction preventing so. I saw the freestyle I wanted it bc it had Microsoft Word combined with it, but my old projector is 3000 lumens Bright so I can see in daytime. I'm all about the lumens, as well as portability but freestyle seems amazing just wish it would work. Maybe try that little cord. Again, why can't they give you the cord from the jump.
0 Likes