Original topic:

HW-Q60T no hdr video passthrough

(Topic created: 01-29-2021 02:30 AM)
userTbTSSTbnOR
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

On the HW-Q60T soundbar's product page, I read that hdr10+ video passthrough is possible, even giving a gaming console as an example.

However, when connecting my ps4 to the soundbar over hdmi, hdr content is not passed to my tv. Colour are very faded.

I can hook up my ps4 directly to my tv, then hdr is enable. Audio however, is coming with a large delay out of the soundbar (connected to my tv through hdmi-arc). This delay too high to bear.

Any ideas how hdr can be enable?

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Ye, this soundbar does have this option, but it needs to be using HDCP 2.2 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userTbTSSTbnOR
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have found the solution which worked in my case:
In the settings of my tv (qled 60R 2019), where you select the sources, my tv detected a "soundbar". I had the option to change the icon, which I changed to "pc". And suddently hdr was working.

So by "changing the icon" my tv did something under the hood, so it does more than simply changing the icon...

@SamsungCaleb Why is this the solution? What happened by changing the icon?

0 Likes
Solution
userTbTSSTbnOR
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have found the solution which worked in my case:
In the settings of my tv (qled 60R 2019), where you select the sources, my tv detected a "soundbar". I had the option to change the icon, which I changed to "pc". And suddently hdr was working.

So by "changing the icon" my tv did something under the hood, so it does more than simply changing the icon...

0 Likes