JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q950T - Subwoofer started making a crackling noise

(Topic created: 02-12-2021 06:42 PM)
InTheBay
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My Subwoofer has started making the crackling noise. When the content has a deep bass sound, the crackling has started getting real nasty!

It seems like this has been a widely complained issue with Samsung's HW-Q90R soundbar as well. Though there are like hundreds of people complaining (literally! the Samsung forum, Reddit, AV, and AVS forums are filled with such posts and threads), it is not clear whether Samsung really attempted to fix the issue.

There is even a petition appealing to Samsung to acknowledge and fix this terrible design flaw!

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-samsung-hw-q90r-popping-crackling-noises?recruiter=1044655705&utm_s...

I have tried a bunch of things:

- Factory Reset the Soundbar.
- I already have the soundbar on the latest available firmware.
- Reser the ID for the Subwoofer and re-paired it with the main Soundbar
- My 5 GHz WiFi is already on a lower signal (44)

I cannot move my WiFi router any further away - it's not like it is right next to the Subwoofer or anything! I tried to change 5 GHz channel's bandwidth from 80 mhz to 20 mhz, but this reduced my WiFi speed big time, so had to go back to 80!

This constant issue is completely killing the soundbar for me. At this point, I really, really want to dump this soundbar unless I can figure out a solution.

Any suggestions on things I can try to fix this issue?

11 Replies
userVuZcvs2WLS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

How do you change the subwoofer channel and can you provide the steps you followed to do manual pair of subs and rear. I am having the same issue.

userDM24FxoIXY
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

None of the above fixes worked for me, is there anything else? Tried to change the subwoofer channel and even disabled wifi in hope to find the reason for this nonsense. This is very frustrating.