JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q990B Soundbar CEC issue. Keeps switching to D.IN

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 05:41 AM)
samwhat
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a HW-Q990B connected to a UN75H7150 TV.
All my sources are connected to the soundbar via HDMI1.
When I turn on a source (Apple TV, Fire TV, Dish receiver etc.), the soundbar starts on HDMI1 input, then switch D.IN after a few seconds. Sometimes it switches back to HDMI1 and sometimes it just stays on D.IN and I have to switch back to HDMI1 manually with remote.
With the apple TV is always goes back to D.IN even if I select HDMI1 so the Apple TV can't be used.
Seems like the TV is switching the bar to D.IN even though there is no optical cable connected.
The TV shouldn't be doing that and the soundbar shouldn't switch to D.IN since there is no active connection on that port.
Any idea how I could resolve this issue?
I tried disabling Anynet+ CEC on the TV but then the sounds come out of the TV speakers and not the soundbar.

5 Replies
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Sounds like you need a CEC blocker placed on the back of your devices. Try one on one device at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue. I'd start with the Apple device since it always switches to digital. Here's what they are:
BlueRigger 4K HDMI CEC Less Adapter (4K, UHD, ARC, 1080p, Ethernet) - HDMI Male to Female Adapter - Compatible with HDTV, TV Stick, Game Consoles, Laptops, Soundbar https://a.co/d/6cB8oM6
WilliamG
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue. You solved it at all?

0 Likes
useruLc0MoXoKm
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here. Any solutions, yet?

0 Likes
User572
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue, any solutions?

0 Likes
xome312391
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here, incredibly frustrating. 

0 Likes