JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No sound from SWA-8500S rear speakers

(Topic created: 02-24-2021 07:11 AM)
userJItCXAaz0H
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I just purchased a HW-Q60T Soundbar with the optional SWA-8500S rear speaker kit.  The rear speaker link up just fine, but I am not getting any sound out of them.  I've check all of the sound output option, but still no output.  I reconnected the two devices, but still no sound.  

Other than playing music, or a movie that I know is 5.1 surround sound, there is no way to test the speakers.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thank you.

Daryl

5 Replies
kelly2
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
service
0 Likes
Solution
Members_lsa9nhv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

You most likely pushed the wire in too far. If the sleeve is inside the speaker connection at all, no audio will be emitted as there is no contact between the wire and the speaker.

Side note - you can force content out of the rear speakers by using Surround mode. This will tell the soundbar to duplicate the front channels to the rear. Its really only intended for 2.1 channel music (or maybe for someone with hearing problems).

userJItCXAaz0H
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yes, I had pushed the wires in to deep.  

Thank you for this information.  I never would have gone back to look at the wiring, only looking at the syncing and setup.

Thanks

0 Likes
userh6ME6ivsAf
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I am having a similar no sound problem with the swa-8500 speakers. Unit indicates it is linked. I have set the wires in several depths from minimal to maximal and still no sound. Sound only occurs when I hit the surround sound button on remote and then the sound is very weak and overpowered by the sound bar hw-a40r. Is there something else I can try?

0 Likes
Carolyn1
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I too have purchased SWA8500S wireless rear speakers and no sound I have purchased 2 sets and still the same thing no sound when I Purchase my soundbar with my TV this soundbar was recommended and Rear speakers Samsung is selling junk I have called Samsung 3 times trying to get my Speakers hooked up properly and nothing still no sound don't waste your money.

TV time I would recommend trying another company I wouldn't never buy another Samsung product.
0 Likes