JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

OPPO 4K Player Sound drops after pausing movie

(Topic created: 12-07-2023 03:56 PM)
usercvsabW6Rer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I bought a QN90C 75-inch TV and a Q990C Soundbar. I purchased new HDMI cables. I have an OPPO 4K player. When pausing a movie and then press play, the sound sounds like it is squeaking and cutting off and on, and then the sound will come back on most of the time. 

If I change the soundbar to WIFI, this does not happen.

Can I leave the soundbar on WIFI? Will I miss anything?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
I'm not sure if you've done a Factory Reset on your Samsung Television? I'd also try it if you've not done so at this point. To see if it clears up the Audio Glitching.

View solution in context

6 Replies
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
@usercvsabW6Rer

Welcome to the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding Samsung Soundbar and your OPPO 4K Player.

I'd like to suggest that you perform some additional troubleshooting steps.

1. Turn off the Samsung soundbar and remove the power switch from the main source.
2. Leave it like this for around 30 seconds.
3. Next, plug the switch back into the power source.
4. Finally, Turn the soundbar back on

You can also perform a "Hard Reset on your Samsung Q90C Soundbar. Please follow these steps:

Turn on the Samsung soundbar if it’s not switched on already.
Now, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down buttons simultaneously for about 5-10 seconds until the screen on the soundbar shows INIT.
It shows that the resetting process has started.
Wait until the screen shows “OK.”
Now, turn off your Samsung soundbar and then turn it on again, and VOILA, you’ve successfully reset your Samsung Soundbar.

Additionally you can also contact Samsung Customer Care at: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find Support Information from Samsung's website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Samsung Product Support Page Samsung Q90C:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/HW-Q990C/ZC/

Use the Samsung Product Support Pages. Enter the model information for both your Samsung Television and Samsung Soundbar. Samsung has an extensive knowledge base through their website. Additionally you can also perform a search on the Samsung Member's Community in the search bar for further information and potential fixes that may have been suggested.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you!
0 Likes
usercvsabW6Rer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for the reply and instructions. I did the reset and still have the same issue. 

Then I turned off the Soundbar and only used the TV speaker.

Same issue. The issue must be on the TV.

It is not an issue with playing Blu-ray discs. Only 4K.

The sound is like the TV is trying to find the proper sound. It crackles and squeals then after a few minutes, it does go back to the appropriate audio.

I have two types of HDMI cables coming tomorrow.

I will switch HDMI ports also.

Question< Can I run the OPPO player directly into the Soundbar and still get Atmos?

0 Likes
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
Yes, test the setup with the new HDMI Cables. If it works that's great!

I don't see why you can't! I know the Soundbar can decode it. As long as your OPPO player can decode it. Then absolutely yes!

Just run the HDMI for Audio output of your OPPO player into the HDMI Input of the Soundbar for Audio.

This of course would require that you use the Soundbar Remote for Audio.

To make it work you would need an HDMI splitter to send the Audio to the Soundbar, the HDMI Video Signal to the TV for Video

It's a reasonable workaround and will also allow you to see if there's a glitch other than the TV too!
0 Likes
Solution
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
I'm not sure if you've done a Factory Reset on your Samsung Television? I'd also try it if you've not done so at this point. To see if it clears up the Audio Glitching.
usercvsabW6Rer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
No, I have not. I will do that tomorrow. Thanks.
0 Likes
usercvsabW6Rer
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

The factory reset did the job! Thanks!