JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q-Symphony problems

(Topic created: 06-11-2021 06:39 PM)
usera5woyd5Uhi
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I've just purchased a 2020 Q900TS and Samsung kindly threw in an S60T sound bar. 
I've connected the 2 via optical cable as per the instructions, set the input for the sound bar as D.IN but the sound option on the TV for "TV+Soundbar" does NOT appear as stated.

In the hunt to find it repeatedly turning everything off and on "TV+Soundbar" did appear as a sound output labelled "TV+[AV]Soundbar S60T (Wi-Fi)". Getting excited and selecting thing did make both the soundbar and tv speakers work but not all channels so there would be no speech and it only appeared to be playing background noise but was impressively surround sound.

How can this be fixed? Clearly this is a software issue and not hardware. I removed and sold the existing surround sound system I had based on the cleanliness of a single soundbar linked to a tv with object tracking speakers only to find this appears to be a backwards step.

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

If you disconnect WiFi, does Q Symphony recognize the connection as HDMI?

0 Likes
user9mo9CzGpnw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
Yes
0 Likes
user9mo9CzGpnw
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
Wait. The TV recognizes the connection as HDMI not Q-symphony
0 Likes
userLILoXCR8PE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I got the same situation that cannot find "TV + [AV] Soundbar Q700A [HDMI] "... Only "TV+ [AV] Soundbar Q700A [WIFI]" works for me.  I have HW-Q700A Soundbar +QLED TV QA55Q70AAWXZW, and connect to the third HDMI slot which supports eARC. Also enabled eARC auto detection in TV settings. 

0 Likes
userLILoXCR8PE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Tried to plug-out the AC cable of the TV, and it works. But sometimes, I still got the same issue and need to plug-out the AC cable again. it's very annoying to me. 😞

0 Likes