JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q70R soundbar - firmware upgrade to 1012.6 is causing device to blink 'Update', does not work

(Topic created: 07-03-2021 03:49 PM)
kmh090
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

I upgraded the firmware on my  Q70 soundbar to version 1012.6 (through SmartThings) and it's basically bricked the device.  It just blinks 'UPDATE' and sometimes it will stop, cycle through 'tv speaker' and 'hdmi' (by itself), but the majority of the time it just blinks 'UPDATE'.   

It will not connect to the TV, has anyone dealt with this issue?  Samsung support is, well, non-existent.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kmh090
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

so this just started working for me today.  I unplugged everything (AC from the back of the unit AND wall, HDMI from unit and TV), fired it up and it started working.

Previously I'd only unplugged the AC from the back of the unit, nothing else.  I can't explain why that would make any difference so maybe it just resolved on its own.

Good luck resolving your issue. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
mankynn
Comet
Options
Home Theater
I have had a update with my Samsung Galaxy A10 almost two weeks
0 Likes
kmh090
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My post is regarding the Q70R soundbar, not a samsung phone though

mankynn
Comet
Options
Home Theater
Oh my bad good luck with that
0 Likes
usergkfl15FbFW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have an HWK950 doing the same thing. I gave up as there is no support..If someone has a solution I would love to hear it though

0 Likes
Solution
kmh090
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

so this just started working for me today.  I unplugged everything (AC from the back of the unit AND wall, HDMI from unit and TV), fired it up and it started working.

Previously I'd only unplugged the AC from the back of the unit, nothing else.  I can't explain why that would make any difference so maybe it just resolved on its own.

Good luck resolving your issue. 

0 Likes