JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q990B/QN95B Soundbar - Drift in Audio Sync

(Topic created: 11-22-2022 09:59 PM)
useryMrO2rQlB8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a Q990B connected via HDMI e-ARC to a QN95B and am experiencing an issue with the audio becoming progressively more and more delayed behind the video as I watch a program. I am NOT using an external streaming device (apple tv, roku etc).

The sync is perfect upon beginning a stream / program but in 5-15minutes, the audio has fallen significantly behind the video feed and is no longer matched. The sync can be "reset" by simply pausing and then playing the program again but this needs to be performed almost continuously throughout a show or movie and is not a sustainable solution.

This occurs in various different apps / streaming services, in all audio modes and on both Q-Symphony setting as well as soundbar only. There may be some micro-stutters that are barely perceptible in the video/audio feed that could be introducing the delay but they are hard to detect to say definitively.

Are there any known setting/software solutions to this problem? Could this be a hardware problem?

It feels like the Samsung hardware is the source given the commonality across different apps / sources.

2 Replies
Mantiss
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I'm having the exact same issue. Haven't found a resolution yet.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how the soundbar and TV falling out of sync can be concerning. I would recommend trying the information in the following link to solve this issue: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110022/

If this does not help I would recommend making sure that both your soundbar and TV are updated to the latest software possible. Also, I would recommend trying a different HDMI cable and or port on the TV if possible to see if this issue still occurs. 

If this is occurring just on the TV without the soundbar connected then this could be an internet connection issue depending on the internet speeds you have in your home it can cause this issue to happen. But if this is occurring with just the soundbar then the soundbar may need service.  Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes