JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q990C best way to connect devices without Atmos compatible TV

(Topic created: 08-01-2023 04:19 PM)
bamabob1717
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a Q990C soundbar connected to an older TV through ARC.  TV doesn't have eArc nor is it compatible with Atmos, DTX etc.  I have streaming devices that are compatible with Dolby Atmos.  If I connect the devices to the inputs on the soundbar and connect the soundbar to the TV ARC input will the soundbar output the sound in the best possible mode since the devices connect to it first or will the TV take over and limit me to 5.1?  TV is a Samsung UN65H7150 from around 2014.

I do plan on getting either an S90C or S95C this fall.  

bamabob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
The answer is yes if you have a device capable of outputting Atmos or dtsx you can directly plug these devices into the extra HDMI ports found on the back of your soundbar then run the standard HDMI arc to the back of your TV now when you watch your streaming device simply hit the input on the Soundbar remote and you will be able to get the best output sound available from your output device that you plugged into your bar enjoy 😉

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
The answer is yes if you have a device capable of outputting Atmos or dtsx you can directly plug these devices into the extra HDMI ports found on the back of your soundbar then run the standard HDMI arc to the back of your TV now when you watch your streaming device simply hit the input on the Soundbar remote and you will be able to get the best output sound available from your output device that you plugged into your bar enjoy 😉
0 Likes
bamabob1717
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Thanks
bamabob
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Anytime 😊 I would really appreciate if you accept the answer as a solution 😊 enjoy your new Bar is Amazing 👏
0 Likes
bamabob1717
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I will have to test it out I guess.  Samsung tells me that since the TV is not compatible with the soundbar but I have it connected and the soundbar works but I have my devices connected into the TV not the soundbar.  I agree with you that I should get premium sound if my devices go to the soundbar first.  I wouldn't think the device output passes through the soundbar straight to the TV and then back through the ARC.  I'm hoping the soundbar outputs the sound on the way to the TV.  I just need the time to try all this out now that I believe there is a  possibility it will work that way.  

bamabob
0 Likes