Original topic:

Q990b surround speakers Disconnecting

(Topic created: 08-21-2022 12:48 PM)
Schnoobins
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi, 

I recently purchased the q990b / q995b and I absolutely love it. 

One thing that makes my gears grind is that (only ) one surround speaker randomly disconnects. Blue blinking led, it also automatically connects again within a few minutes.

There is 0 intervention, and the distance to the soundbar is 4 meters tops. The sound is positioned directly under the tv give or take 15 cm under the tv. 

Any idea what could cause this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I'm not 100% sure as to what can be causing this but let's try a couple of things.

Perform a hard reset on the device you're connecting.
The best way to do a hard reset is to remove the battery and reinsert it, if possible. Some devices that do not have access to the battery may have a way to simulate a battery pull in order to perform the hard reset.

If the device does not have a method to do a hard reset, perform a soft reset instead (simply turn it off and back on again).

Try pairing other devices.
Try pairing other devices with your soundbar. Also, try pairing other devices with the device you were trying to connect to your soundbar. This can help identify where the issue may be.

If both your soundbar and your device will pair with other devices, but not with each other, without the speaker disconnecting, then your device may need to be updated, or it may not be compatible with your soundbar. Contact the device's manufacturer for further assistance.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. I'm not 100% sure as to what can be causing this but let's try a couple of things.

Perform a hard reset on the device you're connecting.
The best way to do a hard reset is to remove the battery and reinsert it, if possible. Some devices that do not have access to the battery may have a way to simulate a battery pull in order to perform the hard reset.

If the device does not have a method to do a hard reset, perform a soft reset instead (simply turn it off and back on again).

Try pairing other devices.
Try pairing other devices with your soundbar. Also, try pairing other devices with the device you were trying to connect to your soundbar. This can help identify where the issue may be.

If both your soundbar and your device will pair with other devices, but not with each other, without the speaker disconnecting, then your device may need to be updated, or it may not be compatible with your soundbar. Contact the device's manufacturer for further assistance.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location