JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN90A will not recognize BDF 5900 Blue Ray Player

(Topic created: 08-09-2022 01:16 PM)
userUUTVYhvWOd
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My Blue Ray / DVD player is a 2013 model and only 1080p but when connected to the TVs HDMI I get “no signal” and the red power on button icon. Tried to set it up manually and tried two different cables.  Is this unit just not compatible?  I only want to use it for playing occasional DVDs and CDs. 

Any suggested work arounds would be appreciate. 

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out, I see how your Blu-ray player not connecting can be frustrating. 

Since this is occurring a couple of things you can try is to make sure that the HDMI is inserted all the way into both the TV and the Blue-ray player. And to try a different port on the TV. 

If that does not help you can try and test the Blu-ray player on another TV if possible just to rule out the blu-ray player being the issue. 

The last thing would be to make sure that the cable is going in the right direction. I know my HDMI cable that is 100ft only works going one direction, as it has an input side and output side. 

If this does not help then I would recommend making sure that all software is up to date on both devices. 

Would you can do if you find out that it is the blu-ray player itself then you can have it sent in for service if you prefer, you would need to call our depot center at 1-310-669-4334 to get that set up. 

0 Likes