Original topic:

Samsung HW-N950 Subwoofer Static

(Topic created: 03-16-2019 10:54 PM)
userXs1gKsFiep
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

I am experiencing distortion / static with my Samsung HW-N950 subwoofer. The behavior is random in nature (roughly 10%),  but usually presents itself during low tones, especially if the sub is being taxed during movies. I've tried multiple inputs (bluetooth, wifi, hdmi), and multiple formats (DD, Atoms, etc.,) but this hasn't helped. Subwoofer is roughly 6 feet from the soundbar.

I have a general feeling that my WiFi router may be the culprit. I moved it to the other side of the room, which I believe has helped, but still experiencing issues.

Has anyone experienced something similar? This is extremely frustrating, and has led me to unplug the subwoofer at times.

Thanks,

Matthew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userXs1gKsFiep
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Larry,

Good news - a wired ethernet connection appears to have resolved the issue. The root cause (as far as I can tell) is my WiFi signal interferring with the wireless signal between the soundbar and subwoofer. I don't have anyother WiFi router to test, so I am unable to tell if this issue is specific to my Xfinity WiFi router or all routers.

This solution works for me, as I am able to run a physical ethernet cable, however, for other customers experiencing similar issues this may not be a viable option.

Best,

Matthew

View solution in context

27 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

What are you connecting your soundbar to?

0 Likes
userXs1gKsFiep
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Larry,

I primarily connect through an Xbox One X. However, I have reproduced this issue through my TV (Samsung Q6FN) via HDMI ARC, and my phone (Samsung Note 9) via bluetooth.

I'm going to run another suite of tests later today. I will be disconnecting my WiFi router and connecting through ethernet cable instead - hopefully this will help narrow it down.

Regards,

Matthew

SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Please keep us posted.

Solution
userXs1gKsFiep
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi Larry,

Good news - a wired ethernet connection appears to have resolved the issue. The root cause (as far as I can tell) is my WiFi signal interferring with the wireless signal between the soundbar and subwoofer. I don't have anyother WiFi router to test, so I am unable to tell if this issue is specific to my Xfinity WiFi router or all routers.

This solution works for me, as I am able to run a physical ethernet cable, however, for other customers experiencing similar issues this may not be a viable option.

Best,

Matthew

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

This is great news! Please keep us posted if you need anything else.

0 Likes
userD1aiQODODV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

@userXs1gKsFiep wrote:

Hi Larry,

Best,

Matthew

Where did you plug in your cable ? I'm looking for Ethernet port and I can't find it. Please help me out im having the same issue 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

@userD1aiQODODV Please provide the full model code so that we can best assist. 

0 Likes
userD1aiQODODV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

HW-N950 7.1 harman/kardon or the actual model# on the back of the unit?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

@userD1aiQODODV There is not an Ethernet port on this model. 

0 Likes