JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung HW-Q70T Soundbar Disconnects from HDMI ARC For No Reason

(Topic created: 07-26-2020 12:27 AM)
useraVpGfX3rDj
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just purchased the Samsung HW-Q70T 3.1.2 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos and have it connected to a Samsung 7 Series tv via the HDMI ARC ports on both the tv and soundbar.  When watching tv via our DirecTv receiver or streaming a movie on Disney+ or even playing the PS4, the HDMI Arc will randomly disconnect and switch over to the tv speakers for no apparent reason.  Then the soundbar display screen cycles through HDMI, BT Pairing, BT Ready, etc.  I then have to press the source button on the soundbar remote or turn it off/on to get the HDMI ARC to connect again so that sound can be heard through the soundbar again.  Anyone have any ideas on whether or not this is a defect or if there is a way to fix this issue?  Thanks in advance.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
useraVpGfX3rDj
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Personally, I am not aware of a factory reset option but I did want to jump in to say that my [new] replacement sound bar that I received when I experienced this same issue is still working great and sounds great in our small movie room. So I would recommend that you just exchange the defective soundbar for a new one to avoid the headache of trying to troubleshoot your existing equipment. Good luck!

0 Likes
userF3Ot04saF1
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Exactly same issue is occurring with my Samsung q70t sound bar connected via supplied HDMI cable and eARC ports connected to my Samsung Q90T series TV 2020. I switch on the TV and it reverts back tv speakers only. I then have to switch on the soundbar via its remote, go back to TV settings and select the tv+ sound bar option to restore ' q symphony' back. This is very irritating. Have checked both sound bar and tv and they have the latest SW and firmware updated

0 Likes
userid96YyvI2J
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I've had the same situation occur with my Samsung TV and Samsung soundbar. Is the only way to resolve this by taking back the soundbar? It's really annoying!
user8HZupmq5Ha
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Similar issue with 1 year old TV and soundbar. Intermittently at first. Now always goes to TV speaker. And even though nothing changed with connection, it says there is no HDMI4 connection. Very disappointing.

otaviojr
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Same thing here, I have a Q950A and a FreeStyle Project, both from Samsung. The soundbar receive signal from my PS5 and my Apple TV. It worked fine for three months, but now it keeps changing the HDMI to TV/ARC. It is useless this way. It changes the source about every 10 minutes.

But the most interesting thing here is people have complained about it for two years, and the problem remains!

0 Likes