Original topic:

Soudbar volume control

(Topic created: 07-22-2023 05:55 AM)
andertpat
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I own a Samsung TV model UN65RU7100FXZA and a Samsung sound bar HW-J450/ZA. I have the sound bar connected to the tv optical port. I have the TV sound output setting to optical. When I use the Samsung TV remote to raise or lower the volume it does not raise the volume. It shows optical as the output but the volume does not raise or lower. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
When you use a digital optical cable, activate the Auto Power Link feature which will automatically turn the soundbar on or off with your TV.

Connect a digital optical cable from your soundbar's optical port to your TV's optical port. Make sure to remove the plastic protector caps before using the optical cable.

Set the soundbar to D.IN mode by pressing Source on the remote or soundbar.

Press and hold the left direction on the directional pad on the remote to activate or deactivate Auto Power Link.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
suagerbutt
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
What happened to my volume
0 Likes
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
When you use a digital optical cable, activate the Auto Power Link feature which will automatically turn the soundbar on or off with your TV.

Connect a digital optical cable from your soundbar's optical port to your TV's optical port. Make sure to remove the plastic protector caps before using the optical cable.

Set the soundbar to D.IN mode by pressing Source on the remote or soundbar.

Press and hold the left direction on the directional pad on the remote to activate or deactivate Auto Power Link.

0 Likes