JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-A445 Soundbar Display and Remote Not Working

(Topic created: 11-29-2023 06:49 PM)
dleavert
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I purchased a new soundbar recently and tried to connect the FIRST one through an optical cable to the tv. The soundbar would turn on but would only connect via bluetooth. The remote control did not function but I was able to increase and decrease the volume from the unit buttons on the actual soundbar. The display never came on (I was unaware they even had one before I started googling it). Returned to the vendor I purchased it from and they gave me a replacement. When I first came home and unboxed the SECOND one, the display did come on and the remote was working just fine. I then tried to connect the optic cable to this second one and BOOM the display no longer works and remote no longer works. I have tried holding down the volume up and down buttons on the device. It did restart the speaker but after resetting, the display and remote still do not work. I have unplugged multiple times, tried different outlets and have gotten no different results. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
Since the Display doesn't function properly. The Remote doesn't work. Then you will need to seek support as I have advised. That or Exchange the Unit at the retailer (if applicabale) if you can.

Please see my previous post on how to contact Samsung Customer Support. Or otherwise you can decide what course of action to take then.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Soundbar. Thank you!

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
@dleavert

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. I'd be pleased to assist you with your Samsung Televison and Sounbar. I'd like to suggest that you perform some additional troubleshooting steps.

1. Turn off the Samsung soundbar and remove the power switch from the main source.
2. Leave it like this for around 30 seconds.
3. Next, plug the switch back into the power source.
4. Finally, Turn the soundbar back on

You can also perform a "Hard Reset on your Samsung HW-A445 Soundbar. Please follow these steps:

Turn on the Samsung soundbar if it’s not switched on already.
Now, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down buttons simultaneously for about 5-10 seconds until the screen on the soundbar shows INIT.
It shows that the resetting process has started.
Wait until the screen shows “OK.”
Now, turn off your Samsung soundbar and then turn it on again, and VOILA, you’ve successfully reset your Samsung Soundbar.

Additionally you can also contact Samsung Customer Care at: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find Support Information from Samsung's website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Samsung Product Support Page HW-A445:

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/hw-a445-2-1ch-sound-bar-...

Use the Samsung Product Support Pages. Enter the model information for both your Samsung Television and Samsung Soundbar. Samsung has an extensive knowledge base through their website. Additionally you can also perform a search on the Samsung Member's Community in the search bar for further information and potential fixes that may have been suggested.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you!
0 Likes
dleavert
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Its a bummer to hear these are your recommendations after reading my post. I HAVE tried unplugging the device for well more than 30 seconds. When performing the hard reset by holding down the volume up and down buttons simultaneously, there is not display that says INIT. THE DISPLAY DOES NOT WORK. 

The only way I can tell if the soundbar is on or off is whether or not it will connect to my tv through bluetooth. I connected the soundbar, had sound, and did the hard reset. I can confirm the device powered off because it disconnected from my tv. 

0 Likes
Solution
OoYORIoO
Nebula
Options
Home Theater
Since the Display doesn't function properly. The Remote doesn't work. Then you will need to seek support as I have advised. That or Exchange the Unit at the retailer (if applicabale) if you can.

Please see my previous post on how to contact Samsung Customer Support. Or otherwise you can decide what course of action to take then.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community and thank you for your question regarding your Samsung Soundbar. Thank you!
0 Likes