JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Soundbar HDMI Arc only works with Ps5 not cable or firestick

(Topic created: 01-04-2024 08:46 PM)
Warlock5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Recently purchased an 85 inch Q70c and a Q60c 3.1 soundbar. Both less than a month old.

Soundbar is in HDMI 3 with a high speed cable and in the correct HDMI slot on the soundbar.  Input set to D. In. When I go to select sound input the TV only gives tv speakers or optical receiver.  No HDMI option. There is no optical cable attached. 

I ended up connecting via Bluetooth for a temporary workaround. Oddly, if I switch the TV input to my PS5 the HDMI connection works and the soundbar switches to TV eArc like it should.

If I switch back to cable box it goes back to TV speakers only, not even the prior Bluetooth connection. 

Any ideas how to fix this? Pretty big letdown to be honest considering all the money spent. Had to return the first TV when it arrived damaged and would really prefer not to go through that headache again as the whole ordeal took about 3 weeks before I had a new TV. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Warlock5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Added power to the HDMI switch and it's all fixed! Apparently it works without power but doesn't work without power lol. 

Maybe it only started to work once I powered on the Ps5? 

Ahh finally! 

Thanks again! 

View solution in context

0 Likes
22 Replies
Warlock5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

TV setup is as follows:

HDMI 1: PS5/Nintendo Switch (dual HDMI switch)

HDMI 2: Cable box

HDMI 3: soundbar (shows up in source list) 

HDMI 4: firestick

In case that matters. Does not recognize HDMI for the firestick either. 

0 Likes
Nightshadez
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
What type of TV do you have?
0 Likes
Warlock5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Samsung Q70c

0 Likes
Nightshadez
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
1. For the fire stick go into settings and go to display & sounds and either press audio or the HDMI cec device control and hopefully it will show an option for Arc
0 Likes
Nightshadez
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
2. For the cable box have you set it up as a service provider on your TV bc I did that when I first got my Samsung TV and works perfectly well with HDMI arc another thing is you can try is select your tv provider and check settings if you can change it to your HDMI arc and if that doesn't do anything go deeper into settings and see if you support earc and maybe turn it on and off sometimes that can work
0 Likes
Warlock5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Will try tonight, thank you! 

0 Likes
Warlock5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Firestick setting did not work 

0 Likes
Nightshadez
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
What kind of fire stick do you have? Ik some aren't compatible with arc bc some are old gen that's all
0 Likes
Warlock5150
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

4k or 4k max, I forget. Pretty much brand new though. I don't understand how the tv has optical receiver as an option when no optical cable is attached. 

0 Likes