Original topic:

Strange icon stuck on screen

(Topic created: 11-07-2022 07:25 AM)
JimDaniel
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

6 Nov ‘22

Yesterday my Samsung Smart TV suddenly started displaying a strange icon along the middle of the left side of the screen. It used to appear BRIEFLY when I changed the loudness with any remote on any input source. Now it displays constantly on all input sources---cable, Blu-Ray player, and Apple TV. The icon is a white disk with two “figures” in it that look a little like radio tubes with two “legs” out the bottom of a rectangular “body” with a curved “head” on top. This started when I was using my Apple TV and changed the loudness. I’ve reinstalled my Sonos sound system as well as the Apple TV and its remote, to no avail.  What does the icon mean and how do I get rid of it? 

IMG_0460.jpeg

6 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Check in the Accessibilty options ... one of them may have gotten enabled
0 Likes
JimDaniel
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks. Checked that already, and none are on.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hi there, I would definitely get annoyed with an icon that won't go away. It looks like it may be related to the sound connections on your TV. I recommend checking the user manual for your model. You can find all available Samsung user manuals on our website by entering the model number. You can also try disconnecting external devices to determine if any of those are causing the icon. As a last resort, I recommend factory resetting the TV. Please let us know if this helped. 

0 Likes
JimDaniel
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks. I reset the TV as suggested. That icon is gone but has been replaced by a white disk with the digit 0 to its right. Inside the disk is a line drawing of a TV set. This is worse than before. What now?

JimDaniel
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

OK, I've discovered WHAT the icon represents---the sound OUTPUT. The TV set icon appears when the sound is output through the TV, which was caused by my resetting the TV. The weird icon I first mentioned appears when I have set the sound output to be Audio Out/Optical, connecting to my Sonos Playbar by cable. The issue is still how do I stop the TV from displaying permanently the icon indicating what audio output is being used?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

If it is still showing I would recommend rechecking the connections to make sure everything is securely connected. After that try changing sound modes and then going back to optical. If possible try connecting via HDMI. Also, make sure that your software in the TV is up to date. After that I would recommend calling in direfclty and asking for our remote management team. You can reach us at 1 (800) 726-7864

0 Likes