JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update LOVE !! - 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950

(Topic created: 01-14-2018 05:54 AM)
Tweetatoo
Halo
Options
Home Theater

Needs update !! 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950 Hey Samsung Support This sound bar really needs to be updated to get those back wireless speakers working, you can hardly hear anything even when bringing the individual volume up, it also seems to have handshake issues with your SAMSUNG TV's. DTS-X support would be amazing ! Overall it's a good bar but really could be fantastic if you gave us a little software/firmware update love !

106 Replies
HTownTVknob
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I read all 7 pages of this thread, and searched around as well and i didn't find this question being asked, so I am curious.  Does the K950 pass through allow HDR signal to the TV?  my setup is Samsung MU8500 TV connected to the ARC on the K950.  On HDMI 1 input on the the K950 I have my Samsung M9500 4K HDR player.  Any movie that i have plays Atmos just fine, as i get the blue led and the Atmos logo, (and it sounds awesome) but my TV does not show any kind of HDR notification.  The display looks great, but I am coming from an old DLP 1080i TV so everything looks good on this TV.   Now one thing i noticed with Netflix (have prem package) that if the movie/show list HDR 4K, i get a small HDR logo over the display button the main menu.  If if the show/movie list Ultra HDR 4K, the hdr logo is gone.  Also when playing HDR movies from the blue ray player, same thing...no logo...

0 Likes
AlanChong
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yes, it does support hdr passthrough. I’m using the Xbox one X and PS4 Pro with Samsung 60” ks8000. The HDMI cable that came along with the soundbar I use it for ARC connection from the Samsung One Connect box’s HDMI ARC to soundbar’s HDMI ARC , PS4 Pro to connect to soundbar’s HDMI 1 and One X to 2, it does show hdr when I play hdr contents on the tv screen when I press the information button.

0 Likes
userL5jYzVmeRx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi 

All new to this. 

I have Samsung Qled 65f TV, HW K950 soundbar and m9500 4k player.

I want to experience Dolby atmos sound. 

My current setting is:

TV to SOUNDBAR - HDMI cable 2.0 TV ARC to SOUNDBAR ARC. 

M9500 PLAYER- HDMI cable 2.0 running from Anynet HDMI port to TV HDMI port. 

Are my settings correct and will I get Dolby sound ??

Thank you 

0 Likes
userA9dXJmhFWY
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

No, you will not get Atmos with that setup (only regular DD 5.1). ARC does not support Atmos. You need to connect player directly to soundbar, soundbar to tv. 

When Atmos is active on the soundbar there is a blue light on the top right corner. Dolby Atmos text is also shown in the display.

0 Likes
userL5jYzVmeRx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

So now my setting is.

TV to SOUNDBAR - HDMI cable 2.0 TV ARC to SOUNDBAR ARC.

M9500 PLAYER- HDMI cable 2.0 running from Anynet HDMI port to SOUNDBAR HDMI port 1.

Problem now is the blu ray player isn't showing anywhere. The other setting allowed me to control everything via my smart remote.
0 Likes
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Here is a problem I just noticed, I got a software updaate for my UBD-KM85C dvd player. Now I get no sound on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, anyone have any ideas as to what happened or have had the same problem?

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried power cycling the unit?

GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I power cycled both the DVD player and the soundbar. That worked, thanks. So tell me, are they going to add the other Dolby surround formats to the sound bar? I'm really dissapointed with that, I got rid of my Pioneer surround sound system for this soundbar. The soundbar its self has issues with the ARC TV.

0 Likes
usercQJKzEqzLB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It handles other Dolby formats, you just don't get the blue light except for Atmos.  If you have setup to upload the sound bar software updates, it handles DTS formats also.  Read the thread regarding updates.

0 Likes
usere8wOyMAbdJ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Could you direct us to the thread regarding the firmware updates for the HW-K950?.. Thanks!

0 Likes