JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update LOVE !! - 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950

(Topic created: 04-15-2018 06:42 AM)
Tweetatoo
Halo
Options
Home Theater

Needs update !! 2016 Soundbar w/ Dolby Atmos HW-K950 Hey Samsung Support This sound bar really needs to be updated to get those back wireless speakers working, you can hardly hear anything even when bringing the individual volume up, it also seems to have handshake issues with your SAMSUNG TV's. DTS-X support would be amazing ! Overall it's a good bar but really could be fantastic if you gave us a little software/firmware update love !

106 Replies
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have my soundbar connected to my wireless router,  it will automatically download any new updates and will be installed when you turn your on.

0 Likes
usercQJKzEqzLB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

It's in this thread on 9-20-2017.   You need your Soundbar connected to the internet.  You need the Samsung Multi-room app to confirm what firmware is on your Soundbar.   When you load the app, click the settings gear symbol and scroll down to "Speaker Software Update".   You can turn on automatic updates from there.   Current firmware update is 3114.2

0 Likes
lartomar2002
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I all, new to the forum. Has anyone found A good HDMI passthrough switch that supports 4k hdr dolby atmos so we do not need to use ARC.? 

0 Likes
RafaelCayo
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

So after fighting for month and no support from samsung on this HIGH END & EXPENSIVE sound bar, I finally make it work with my Xbox X.  

Samsung ARC doesnt work. The set up was the problem.

But my problem now is, I had it working great for over 3 month, yesterday it just stop. No more atmos any more.

Any one has any idea whats going on?

The sound bar works but ATMOS just stop........

0 Likes
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

When my Atmos stops working, I unplug the AC cord, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. That has worked for me most of the time.

0 Likes
GremlinX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a Samsung  UBD-KM85C 4K DVD player connected to HDMI-2 on my HW-K950 sound bar. When I select either Amazon Video or Netflix on it I get no sound at all. Any idea why that would be? It is not auto selected by ARC TV.

Thanks

Warren

0 Likes
effadj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

@GremlinX wrote:

When my Atmos stops working, I unplug the AC cord, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. That has worked for me most of the time.

I have to do the exact same for my HW-Q90R soundbar to get the ATMOS back.  I also have issues with the soundbar picking up the ARC connection from the TV.  That too is helped with unplugging it, but it's short lived if I switch between soundbar direct inputs and back.  Sigh.

0 Likes