JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi or DHMI connection best for HW-S800B?

(Topic created: 10-29-2023 09:28 AM)
some_donkus
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Just set up my new HW-S800B soundbar with my Frame TV, which is capable of by a WiFi connection and HDMI-ARC connection, but the documentation provides no information about which option is preferred. Since I have both options available, what are the pros and cons of each? Is there a clear choice?

3 Replies
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Hardwire earc connection will always be the best way to connect. It's pure without interference. Wireless Dolby Atmos has been developed and is great. But Should only be used when needed. Example the sound system is not right by the tv.
some_donkus
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the response, that kind of aligns with what I thought. However I find the TV itself really wants to connect to the soundbar via WiFi, and I have to use the SmartThings app to tell it to connect to External Device. Is this normal behavior?

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
In your tv settings you need to turn on hdmi input plus and hdmi cec. This allows the tv and bar to communicate with each other. Once that's done switch it the hdmi earc sound say your bars name using the tv remote. From then on it should recognize the bar immediately when you leave it on that as the sound output when you turn off your tv and bar.