JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

rear speakers won't sync

(Topic created: 02-07-2021 01:44 PM)
userkW1csAzNER
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a Samsung HW K450  sound bar and wanted to add rear speakers for surround sound. According to my user guide, the compatible speakers are the SWA-8000s speakers. They are not available so when I contacted Samsung support, I was assured by the tech that the SWA 8500S is also compatible with my sound bar. I have done everything right including trouble shooting and have been on the phone with support who hasn't been able to find an answer. He is escalating it but I haven't gotten a call back yet.

Does anyone know for sure that it is compatible (or did I waste $125) or am I missing something. The blue light is blinking, but it won't sync. 

I have shut off the sound bar, pressed mute for 5 seconds to have ID set up on display, then turned on sound bar with no luck. I have resynched the sub woofer at the same time as the receiver and unplugged the sound bar and started again.

Any thoughts while I'm waiting for the call back? Thanks for any help.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater
can go see it on your phone Bluetooth list?
0 Likes
userkW1csAzNER
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

No. I can connect my phone to the sound bar but not the receiver and speakers

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Unfortunately the SWA-8500S is not compatible. I would recommend returning it and looking for the SWA-8000S from a 3rd party retailer.

0 Likes
userkW1csAzNER
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, when I spoke to Samsung Tech support, after a long call, the y decided that was also the case. I was disappointed the the chat rep gave me the incorrect info. 

I was able to find an 8000s receiver that should work with my speakers from the 8500s system. I couldn't find any 8000s new units for sale anywhere,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Unfortunately the K series is now 4-5 years old so matching components are no longer sold as new.

I don't know if the 8000 receiver will work with the 8500 speakers but if you can get it connected, that's half of the battle.

I'm sorry about the inaccurate information that you were given. 

0 Likes