JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

6.3 freestanding electric stove burner got hot but knobs turned off

(Topic created: 06-11-2022 12:07 AM)
userJBtsGEQmdZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just purchased the Samsung 6.3 freestanding electric stove model NE63A6711SG.  My contractor just plugged it in and immediately the hot surface light turned on and only the back griddle burner was on and became hot.  All the knobs are turned off.  We can't figure out why this is happening.  My contractor had to unplugg it.  Plastic is still on.  Manual doesn't have any information.

Only states what to do when you 1st install it

Please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I can certainly understand the need for concern with this issue. Based on the symptoms you've described, we would recommend having the range serviced at this point. Since this occurred during installation, you may want to check with your retailer about a return or exchange. If you would like to proceed with service options, you can private message one of the moderators here by clicking our name and then private message. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I can certainly understand the need for concern with this issue. Based on the symptoms you've described, we would recommend having the range serviced at this point. Since this occurred during installation, you may want to check with your retailer about a return or exchange. If you would like to proceed with service options, you can private message one of the moderators here by clicking our name and then private message.