JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Anyone troubleshoot Family Hub and SmartThings - out of ideas

(Topic created: 01-07-2023 10:17 AM)
mikie113
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The app detects the device, I go through the steps and eventually connect to the refrigerator Wi-Fi with password (1111122222), from there it just loads forever until finally giving error code 11-001.

So I troubleshooted for hours:

• Tested the app on 4 different mobile devices (2 google pixels and 2 new iphones)
  • Tried a hotspot instead of wifi
  • Changed my wifi to 2.4 ghz instead of 5 GHz (didn't work on either)
  • Created a new Samsung account, failed on that as well
  • Turned the unit off and on, reset the device, uninstalled and reinstalled the app - nada.

At this point , by process of elimination, it has to simply be a bad app or the refrigerator is what I'm suspecting. But I really don’t want to have to take this unit back along with all the other smart appliances I bought from Samsung, but It’s surely looking that way after only a few days of owning it.

Any ideas are welcome. 

2 Replies
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

AFAIK, there is no need to setup the fridge (using easy connection).

Please delete the familyhub device from your mobile smartthings app.

Factory reset the fridge and signin using your Samsung account (which is the same account as the one used for the mobile SmartThings app and you should see the device.

One issue I have seen is, maybe, the device does not appear in any "room" In this case, in the mobile app you will need to visit devices not assigned to any room section under the devices and move the device to your room.Hope this helps.

Solution
mikie113
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What resolved the issue was switching back to 2.4ghz with no special characters in ssid or pw, deleting/reseting all associated devices/apps, and at that point I received a note that said "unassign device" which then allowed it to connect.