Original topic:

Chipped stovetop

(Topic created: Monday)
ssokol1441
Constellation
Options

I just bought a brand new induction stove and used the cooktop twice with appropriate cookware. I’ve cleaned it with Weimans cooktop cleaner as recommended, and keep it covered with a silicone mat. 

why would it chip and bubble on the burner that was used. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
0riginulll
Red Giant
Options
The cleaner may be too abrasive. Did out bubble after you cleaned it and then cooked or cooked and then cleaned? I have no formulaic answer but would assume it's the cleaner.
ssokol1441
Constellation
Options

It’s a recommended cleaner, and it was cleaned using the way the directions stated. Nothing was spilled on the stove, and it was cold when cleaned, then covered. Thanks for the response though 

Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Heavy or sharp objects dropped on the surface, thermal shock caused by sudden temperature changes, like placing a hot pan on a cold surface or spilling cold water on a hot surface, can also cause the glass to chip, or bubble. In "rare" cases, a glass imperfection makes it more likely to chip or bubble. Induction stoves are pretty tough. If you purchased it from a big box store, call them ASAP, but you should contact Samsung Customer Care Services for further information and support regarding your appliance.
ssokol1441
Constellation
Options

Did none of that. I have the extended warranty on it, but it seems to happen. I just got it delivered Friday and keep it covered when not in use. I’ve seen several other threads in which this has happened as well. May be a defect in the glass. I will get in touch with Lowe’s and Samsung tomorrow about this. Obviously, I’m not keeping it….

Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Contact Lowes immediately to start a refund or replacement. In the US, if you buy a brand new stove from a big box retailer and it's defective, you're protected by implied warranties even without a written warranty. I don't think you will have any issues with Lowes, but start the process.