JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cracked refrigerator shelves

(Topic created: 07-15-2024 09:39 AM)
Mn2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a side by side model RS22HDHPNSR refrigerator that is approximately 8 years old. Within a couple of years of purchase, some of the plastic shelves started to crack and continue to this day. It will cost several hundred dollars to replace them. I would like to know if Samsung is aware of this issue as I found other owners having the same problem. What is the remedy to this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Mitka
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
You must remember we all live in the throw-away economies-It is a big part of our current world trade economy.
Quality can still be had, though it is spendy.
Otherwise, unless it is a defective manufacture, be glad for however long the makers of the thing built it to fail.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
So, they started to crack a few years in, and you just left them to get worse and now you are complaing that it's worse? If it started the first year, you could have had them replaced under warranty. The second year, maybe. If more than one shelf started cracking you could have replaced them one at a time so the single cost outlay wouldn't be too great.

What plastic shelves are you referring to? The door shelves? Were you overloading them? In my many decades on this planet, I have never seen refrigerator shelves crack absent abuse. Not even the cheapest, landlord supplied units. Not even my sister's, who continually tries to cram in as much as possible on those poor door shelves.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! The only solution for this would be service as you have stated that it is around 8 years old you will be out of the manufacture warranty and this will be an out of warranty repair. Please use the following link to get this set up: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

You can also check out parts website samsungparts.com to see if they will have the part you would need in stock and purchase it.