Original topic:

DA97-08464F Replacement/Alternative

(Topic created: 04-18-2023 06:57 AM)
Derick2k
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

I am looking for a replacement condenser unit to the DA97-08464F. This part is no longer manufactured by Samsung and it seems to not be available anywhere.

Samsung does no list any substitute part that can be used. I am hoping that there is. It’s truly unfair for me to have to replace a fridge for a part that costs at most $200 and spend have to spend $2500-3000 for a new one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
0 Likes
Derick2k
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks DanG,

I already checked them out and they don’t have it in stock. The part seems to be out of stock everywhere and most sites list it as discontinued from Samsung. it would not be a problem if there would be a substitute part available to order, even if it’s back ordered, but there just doesn’t seem to be one.

is there a number for Samsung to call or a list of parts distributors to see if I can source this part?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, Thanks so much for reaching out about this. I can certainly understand wanting to replace just this part instead of the whole refrigerator. For parts inquiries, we recommend using SamsungParts.com or calling 1-800-627-4368. They will have the most up-to-date information on what parts are available and which model they are compatible with. 

Please note that it may be that the unit's parts have been discontinued due to the age. Based on your history with us. I found that the following fridge that would be great for replacement if you have to go that route. This unit has a 2-year manufacturer's warranty 10-year Compressor warranty and a 5-year sealed system warranty!! https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/refrigerators/bespoke/bespoke-4-door-french-door-refriger... Feel free to check out other similar units on our site as well.