Original topic:

Family Hub 7

(Topic created: 05-25-2023 06:45 PM)
Jtarpley
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a recently purchased Samsung Bespoke 3 door refrigerator with Family Hub. The software was upgraded to 7.0  shortly after connecting to Wi-Fi. First issue, there doesn’t seem to be anyway to set up a second profile. Second issue, the SmartThings app/widget seems to be absent. I have the SmartThings  app on my phone, am signed in to my account, and can access management of the frig as well as the interior view of the frig. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Samsung Bespoke refrigerator and the SmartThings app. While I can provide some general guidance, it's important to note that specific features and options may vary depending on the model and software version. Here are some suggestions to help you address the problems:

1. Setting up a second profile: It's possible that the option to set up a second profile may not be available on your specific model or software version. However, you can try the following steps to check for any available options:

• Open the Family Hub interface on your refrigerator.
    • Look for the settings or user management section within the interface.
    • Explore the options provided to see if there's a way to add or manage multiple profiles.
    • If you can't find the option, consult the user manual or contact Samsung customer support for guidance specific to your model.
  2. Missing SmartThings app/widget: If the SmartThings app or widget is not appearing on your Family Hub interface, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Ensure that your refrigerator is properly connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.
    • Restart your refrigerator and wait for it to fully reboot.
    • On your phone, try uninstalling and reinstalling the SmartThings app to ensure you have the latest version.
    • Open the SmartThings app on your phone and check if your refrigerator is listed as a connected device.
    • If your refrigerator is listed, check the app settings to ensure that the device is visible and accessible.
    • If the SmartThings app is still not appearing on the Family Hub interface, you can try contacting Samsung support for further assistance.

Remember to provide specific details about your model, software version, and any troubleshooting steps you've already taken when contacting customer support. They will be able to provide you with more accurate and tailored guidance.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issues with your Samsung Bespoke refrigerator and the SmartThings app.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your Samsung Bespoke refrigerator and the SmartThings app. While I can provide some general guidance, it's important to note that specific features and options may vary depending on the model and software version. Here are some suggestions to help you address the problems:

1. Setting up a second profile: It's possible that the option to set up a second profile may not be available on your specific model or software version. However, you can try the following steps to check for any available options:

• Open the Family Hub interface on your refrigerator.
    • Look for the settings or user management section within the interface.
    • Explore the options provided to see if there's a way to add or manage multiple profiles.
    • If you can't find the option, consult the user manual or contact Samsung customer support for guidance specific to your model.
  2. Missing SmartThings app/widget: If the SmartThings app or widget is not appearing on your Family Hub interface, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Ensure that your refrigerator is properly connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.
    • Restart your refrigerator and wait for it to fully reboot.
    • On your phone, try uninstalling and reinstalling the SmartThings app to ensure you have the latest version.
    • Open the SmartThings app on your phone and check if your refrigerator is listed as a connected device.
    • If your refrigerator is listed, check the app settings to ensure that the device is visible and accessible.
    • If the SmartThings app is still not appearing on the Family Hub interface, you can try contacting Samsung support for further assistance.

Remember to provide specific details about your model, software version, and any troubleshooting steps you've already taken when contacting customer support. They will be able to provide you with more accurate and tailored guidance.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issues with your Samsung Bespoke refrigerator and the SmartThings app.