Original topic:

Family Hub 9.0 removed some home screen customizations

(Topic created: a week ago)
Samsung_Z8B25RT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just wanted to vent that Family Hub 9.0 has taken away the ability to add a memo to the home screen. You used to be able to add a single memo to the home screen, which could be resized and rotated, like any image or sticker. We used this daily.

Now the only way to have a memo displayed is to use the memo widget which locks the memo into either a 1x1, or 1x3 box. It cannot be resized or rotated. While functional, it ruins the asthetic.

7 Replies
Pinkone83
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I came to the internet to figure out what I was doing wrong. I figured there was no way they got rid of this feature. Apparently they didā€¦ I display multiple memos, like post-it notes, to my Home Screen. Now I only have the option of seeing one, and itā€™s so tiny. Why would they do that?!

also, the date/time on the top of the page is incredibly small now too. I hate this update!

0 Likes
Riker3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What a horrible decision...My family used these memos ALL THE TIME!!!!

Frmgrl
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I came here for this very issue. We used this to tell each other who gave the cat his insulin so we didn't accidentally overdose him. Why would they take away the one useful item of the hub????

0 Likes
dold04
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

totally agree. i have been trying to figure out what i was doing wrong because i can no longer save a memo to the home page. i used this feature all the time to remind me, and my family, of important upcoming events. the calendar is too small and they would never notice. so frustrated. it was the feature we used the most. why would you even have the memo feature if you can't post it? i still think i must be doing something wrong.

0 Likes
CorinaG
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I want to add my name to the growing list of people who are VERY disappointed in this decision to remove the feature I used most on my Family Hub. Please bring this functionality back!!!!
0 Likes
ErikBailey
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have had our fridge for about 4 years. When we first got it, the applications were PERFECT, including a Shopping List that actually worked (including phone visibility). Over time it has gotten worse and worse (e.g., shopping list that 'corrects' "milk 1%" and "milk 2%" both to "Milk"), and now with the latest update (as of Aug 2024) I can't use the apps at all ("SmartThings Food has a problem and cannot be executed") - I've reset the fridge and also signed out and back in. And the Whiteboard no longer displays on the screen - that is our nieces' and nephews' favorite part and we always leave their drawings on the screen, and now they require a click to get in. So very disappointed. (and yes the date/time is now tiny!).

userfJVoryQ7O2
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Adding my displeasure to this thread. Used to use memos like post-it notes. One of which had checklisted items on (give toddler vitamin, turn on washing machine for example).  Just realised that I had my coffee grind settings displayed on individual memos too, now I can't find them šŸ˜ž

I'd understand if there was a similar option in a different place but it seems there isn't that option at all. Everything is now hidden in the widget which is unreadable. If you click it to open the memo there's a huge delay. Really sad. 

Please get this option back

0 Likes