cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Family hub touchscreen unresponsive

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Plug a mouse into the USB on the inside of the door!!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All,

yeatrday my kids put our fridge into factory reset mode and then I tried to cancel it by turning off device screen and after this screen js booting with Samsung logo but then turn black. I guess software needs to be reset again but how ? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Confirm that the View Inside image is updating.
Using the power switch in the top right door, turn the Family Hub panel off, wait two minutes, and then turn it on again.
Open and close the door.
Check the View Inside image (using the refrigerator, not the app) to see if it has refreshed.
If after performing these steps multiple times, the image still does not refresh, perform a factory reset (Settings > About Family Hub > Factory Data Reset) and try again.
If the image on the refrigerator does not update after multiple attempts and a factory reset was performed, I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So here is a deal. After Factory Rest process......touchscreen panel is booting up and SAMSUNG logo comes and after that no action and screen remain BLACK and BLANK. I tried mutliple times on/off option (from main switch and also from using RED button inside right door) but issue is still the same. It seems to me software corruption and since its not reaching to the point where it boot up software and connect to wifi so I guess no option to connect to it

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My screen seems to be unresponsive during the day. I was able to upgrade the software at 1am and do anything. At 8am it was locked again. I tried the switch and unplugged it but nothing. If there's a locking feature I can not get to it because the screen is frozen. Any suggestions 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried leaving it unplugged for 10 minutes? Are you able to connect to it via the app?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So on a previous tread you said to unplug the fridge for 5 minutes now your saying 10 minutes. And to try the screen power switch. My screen won't respond and your responses contradict each other. Confusing how an expensive fridge has so many issues between the ice making, touch screen not responding, and moderators contradicting themselves. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issues, I had a technician come to fix the icemaker (lucky me, i had 5 year full warranty through the store i purchase from) 

A week ago i did update the software, since then the screen is unresponsive. I have tried to turn off for a while and then on, still didn't help at all. 

I wish i wasn't upgrade the software, it used to work perfectly before (beside the app on the phone - i gave up 3 years ago)

Please, any one know how to get back to previouse firmware? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The fridge is less than 2 years old. And the touchscreen is totally unresponsive to touch. Can't swipe or do anything ... has anyone found a solution ? Already tried turning on/off red switch and power cycle the fridge 1000 times. How  can this happen ? Was it a software update ? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. The screen saver turns on and is stuck there, the screen is unresponsive. My fridge is only a year and a half old. Samsung has really dropped the ball on this one. There are a lot of complaints and repair techs are saying this is a common issue. Perhaps a class action lawsuit would force them to fix this. I paid $3000 for a big brick.