JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I determine if my HAF-QIN/EXP fridge water filter is counterfeit or recalled?

(Topic created: 09-18-2023 02:40 PM)
Members_DvAznbv
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I ordered filters from EBay that were supposedly genuine Samsung parts.  The packaging and label appear to be authentic and identical, including holographic seal.  However, the replacement filters don't install properly and eject when water is turned back on.  I reinstalled the original (old) filter and purchased a new one at Lowe's. Both fit and work properly.  I'm sure I'll need to prove to EBay/seller that the product they sold  is inferior so that I can get a refund.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Have you reached out to Samsung directly about this yet? This is generally a user-based forum, and the only individuals here who work for Samsung are the Community managers and the mods.

View solution in context

3 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Personally, I would never purchase something like water filters from anyone that isn't an official retailer. Ebay's policy should let you return the merchandise without having to "prove" anything. They aren't what you expected, and don't work as advertised. I'm sure you will have no problems getting a refund after you clearly explain your situation.
Members_DvAznbv
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

They were advertised as "genuine" parts, had the holographic seal, and even had multi-page instructions inside the box (more detail than any counterfeiter would need to go to, in my opinion).  Nothing seemed "off" or "fishy."  For my own benefit of the doubt I'd like to hear what Samsung has to say about this particular instance and whether they ever have experience with defective parts.

0 Likes
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Have you reached out to Samsung directly about this yet? This is generally a user-based forum, and the only individuals here who work for Samsung are the Community managers and the mods.