JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ice Maker Defrost Setting on French Door Fridge with Family Hub RF28R7551SR

(Topic created: 02-20-2022 04:57 PM)
userLXjNOt4ubf
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've been unable to find the "Ice Maker Defrost" setting, app, or button.

Every button I click asks me to download yet another app, downloaded them all, none of them have the ability to turn on defrost mode.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I was not able to locate the "ice maker defrost" option as stated however we do have the option to reset the ice maker. If you are seeking to reset the ice maker, you will need to locate the rectangular reset button near the front of the ice maker, on the side or bottom after removing the ice bucket. If you wish to defrost the ice maker, we recommend a manual defrost (turning off the power) of the complete refrigerator which can take up to 24hrs. When performing the defrost, please place perishable items in an alternate temperature-controlled location and place towels at the base of the refrigerator to collect any moisture. I hope this information has been successful. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, I was not able to locate the "ice maker defrost" option as stated however we do have the option to reset the ice maker. If you are seeking to reset the ice maker, you will need to locate the rectangular reset button near the front of the ice maker, on the side or bottom after removing the ice bucket. If you wish to defrost the ice maker, we recommend a manual defrost (turning off the power) of the complete refrigerator which can take up to 24hrs. When performing the defrost, please place perishable items in an alternate temperature-controlled location and place towels at the base of the refrigerator to collect any moisture. I hope this information has been successful. 

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
As long as there has been ice in the door refrigerators, they have been a problem for consumers. Mine worked without any issues for about a year, then it began to build up ice around the ice making unit, which would cause the ice maker to jam and block the removal of the ice bucket, so that I could not clear the jam. Turning off the ice maker in the widet would allow it defrost in about 5-7 days, so there was no ice during that time. I've learned to just leave the ice maker off and to turn it back on for a day each time I use half the bucket of ice to replace some of the used ice. It seems a full bucket promotes the ice accumulation that causes the jams. Since doing this, I've had no further jams.