JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Induction Cooktop dE on display no heat

(Topic created: 03-30-2023 07:28 AM)
tmp1356
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 5-year-old induction cooktop, model nz30k7880us/aa, last night it suddenly stopped heating and it displays the code dE.  I have done a power reset at the breaker box, still shows this.  All the sales literature, states that this model has a demo mode.  I can find no information on how to take it out of the demo mode.  I believe this is the problem and do not want to pay for a service call just to be laughed at and told that it is in demo mode.  Can anyone tell me what the code dE is (can't find that either) and/or how to take this cooktop out of demo mode?  Thank you for any assistance provided.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tmp1356
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Kitchen and Family Hub
I made this original post in March 2023, it has been marked resolved, though it never was until recently.  Another forum member tried to post to the original post, but it has been "locked" by the community.  Here is my original post, and the final resolution.  

"I have a 5-year-old induction cooktop, model nz30k7880us/aa, last night it suddenly stopped heating and it displays the code dE.  I have done a power reset at the breaker box, still shows this.  All the sales literature, states that this model has a demo mode.  I can find no information on how to take it out of the demo mode.  I believe this is the problem and do not want to pay for a service call just to be laughed at and told that it is in demo mode.  Can anyone tell me what the code dE is (can't find that either) and/or how to take this cooktop out of demo mode?  Thank you for any assistance provided. 

***  I posted the original message and it was marked "solved", but not by me.  It was finally resolved today with the help of a community member that sent me a private message and I want to share what fixed it since Samsung did not resolve my issue.  It is extremely upsetting the run-around that I got with customer support, both in Chat and on the phone.  Their documentation online said this unit has a demo mode, but they would not acknowledge that it had demo mode and kept insisting that it did not.  They would not help me to get the unit out of demo mode, but wanted me to place a service call instead.  Here is the resolution.  It took me from March until July to get this resolved without paying for an unnecessary service call."

Date: 07-03-2023 01:40 PM

Hi there,

I tried to reply to your post from March regarding your cooktop but couldn’t for some reason. Same thing happened to me this morning. Chatted with Samsung but no solution, so they suggested a tech call which I found ridiculous. Finally found the following sequence worked:

1- With cooktop off, press and hold Child Lock for 3 s until it beeps

2- Press Timer for 3 s until it beeps

3- Press ‘-´ for 3 s until it beeps

4- Press Child Lock again for 3 s

I’m guessing you must have found a solution by now, but maybe this could help others…

Cheers!

This worked.  Why did Samsung deny there being a Demo Mode when their literature stated there was?  Why does tech support not have this?  Why would they expect a customer to pay a $200 service call to take a product out of demo mode?  I had already replaced the induction cooktop with a conventional cooktop, but I have changed it back because induction is so much better.  Samsung you can and should do better than this.  

View solution in context

5 Replies
Biggus
Nebula
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
They recommend cutting power for at least 30s for errors not listed (probably needs the time to let capacitors discharge and clear some state memory). If you just switched off and back on it might not have been enough.

If it's in demo mode the buttons should all still function as if it's cooking but nothing will turn on.

I found the service manual for another induction model, it says demo mode switch is:
1) Touch lock key for 3s
2) Touch timer key for 3s, a tone will sound.
3) Touch pause key for 3s within 10s.

It doesn't mention anything about a code showing to indicate the mode is on and I can't say whether they kept the same sequence but might as well give it a shot.
tmp1356
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I found the same info online yesterday.  We had unplugged it for over night and it did not clear the code.  We also did the steps above, that didn't work either.  I called Samsung last night and they were less than helpful.  They offered to sell me a new one at a "greatly" discounted price or set up a service call.  I opted for the service call, though canceled it after they called and it was going to be $119 and they could give me no info over the phone.  Tell me what the code means.  If it doesn't mean demo what is it?  I do not fell like I should pay for a service call if 1) it is in demo mode or 2) it is dead in the water and needs repairs that would cost more than a new one.  

0 Likes
tmp1356
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

"If it's in demo mode the buttons should all still function as if it's cooking but nothing will turn on."  This is exactly what it is doing.  

0 Likes
userz4dBFYmvj3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
G
0 Likes
Solution
tmp1356
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Kitchen and Family Hub
I made this original post in March 2023, it has been marked resolved, though it never was until recently.  Another forum member tried to post to the original post, but it has been "locked" by the community.  Here is my original post, and the final resolution.  

"I have a 5-year-old induction cooktop, model nz30k7880us/aa, last night it suddenly stopped heating and it displays the code dE.  I have done a power reset at the breaker box, still shows this.  All the sales literature, states that this model has a demo mode.  I can find no information on how to take it out of the demo mode.  I believe this is the problem and do not want to pay for a service call just to be laughed at and told that it is in demo mode.  Can anyone tell me what the code dE is (can't find that either) and/or how to take this cooktop out of demo mode?  Thank you for any assistance provided. 

***  I posted the original message and it was marked "solved", but not by me.  It was finally resolved today with the help of a community member that sent me a private message and I want to share what fixed it since Samsung did not resolve my issue.  It is extremely upsetting the run-around that I got with customer support, both in Chat and on the phone.  Their documentation online said this unit has a demo mode, but they would not acknowledge that it had demo mode and kept insisting that it did not.  They would not help me to get the unit out of demo mode, but wanted me to place a service call instead.  Here is the resolution.  It took me from March until July to get this resolved without paying for an unnecessary service call."

Date: 07-03-2023 01:40 PM

Hi there,

I tried to reply to your post from March regarding your cooktop but couldn’t for some reason. Same thing happened to me this morning. Chatted with Samsung but no solution, so they suggested a tech call which I found ridiculous. Finally found the following sequence worked:

1- With cooktop off, press and hold Child Lock for 3 s until it beeps

2- Press Timer for 3 s until it beeps

3- Press ‘-´ for 3 s until it beeps

4- Press Child Lock again for 3 s

I’m guessing you must have found a solution by now, but maybe this could help others…

Cheers!

This worked.  Why did Samsung deny there being a Demo Mode when their literature stated there was?  Why does tech support not have this?  Why would they expect a customer to pay a $200 service call to take a product out of demo mode?  I had already replaced the induction cooktop with a conventional cooktop, but I have changed it back because induction is so much better.  Samsung you can and should do better than this.