JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

NX60A6511SS Gas Oven: Convection Roast vs. Convection Bake

(Topic created: 02-07-2022 02:05 PM)
userctxutK32on
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Is there a a difference between the two? I asked because both settings function in the exact same manner.

4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, it will be my pleasure to explain the difference between convection roast and bake. Convection Bake is good for large quantities of food and provides the best performance for cookies, biscuits, brownies, etc. Whereas convection roast is good for larger, tender cuts of meat, when cooking uncovered such as meat or poultry. I hope that answered your question. 

userctxutK32on
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks for your response. I do understand what they are used for in cooking. However, just how do they work? Does one or both burners turn on for convection roast, while only the bottom burner is used for convection bake? In other words, what is happening functionally with each setting? How do they differ in mechanical operation?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My apologies, Convection bake uses one heating element and the fan system. In contrast, convection roast uses the fan system and alternates between the bake and broil settings on the oven. You want to use the convection bake for baked good purposes and the convection roast for meat cooking purposes.

userctxutK32on
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for clearing this up. With my new oven set at Convection Roast, only the bottom burner turns on. The broiler burner never does. It behaves exactly the same as Convection Bake does. (I should say that the broiler does work when I use it separately, so there is nothing wrong with it.) Obviously there is something wrong with the Convection Roast feature, and I will contact Customer Service regarding a warranty repair. Thanks again for your help!

0 Likes