JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need replacement shelf (as PROMISED by many Samsung Employees). Will NOT buy one!!!!

(Topic created: 07-20-2022 03:33 PM)
userYdvFiVXxEY
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I do NOT like the reply I got.  Original post is below.  Why am I being told to PURCHASE the shelf when I started this process when the fridge was barely 5 months old?? Poor design does not mean me, the CUSTOMER, who paid top dollar for this fridge, should have to shell out more money.

I want Samsung to ship me the shelf as PROMISED (look back at the many tickets I filed).  For some reason, they have been <HIDDEN> since I put the first request on here.  I will NOT pay for the shelf.  It's the poor design of the fridge that caused the problem - can't clean under the glass on the bottom shelf.

I do NOT want to be told to contact the Parts department to purchase one.  I want Samsung to replace the shelf as I was told in my initial calls with customer service.

ORIGINAL TICKET:

Purchased this fridge from Lowe's in October of 2021. In March we noticed the bottom shelf (one above the crisper drawers and the water filter area) had something under the glass.  We removed the shelf and found we couldn't get under the glass.  Called Samsung and spent a couple of hours on phone and they determined they couldn't help us. Called a tech out on 3/16/22 (Ticket # <HIDDEN>).  Tech confirmed with tech support that the glass in the shelf could NOT be removed.  They told us to call support and they'd send out a new shelf.  After multiple calls and multiple hours on the phone, a part arrived (Ticket # <HIDDEN>).  This was the wrong part.  Since then we've spoken to Customer Support at least 5 times and have just now been told that the part is not one that is covered by the warranty.  How does this make sense??  Who would knowingly designed a refrigerator that doesn't allow a piece of glass that's part of a shelf to be removed for cleaning?  This doesn't make sense to us.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Come on Samsung!! Treat your customers right.  Design flaw should not warrant a 5 month old fridge needing the owner to purchase a replacement shelf!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I can definitely understand your frustration with this situation. If you would like to reach out to a moderator here in a private message, we would be happy to review your case and provide any updates that are available. You are correct that we hide personally identifying information in public posts to help protect our customers' privacy. Additionally, since physical damage is not covered under the manufacturer's warranty, typically a replacement shelf would be at the customer's expense. Again, you're always welcome to reach out to us directly for more detailed information about your specific case. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
shea0212
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Having the same issue with Customer support on a phone. They sent me 45 min away to a repair place for the warranty work and they don't even work on my phone! Then they refuse to do anything about failing to do their job and wasting my time and gas! And refuse to get me a supervisor when I ask for one. Claimed they were on a call, then said they were off, then went back to saying they were on a call. Wouldn't give me the supervisors name either when they said they would be calling me back tonight. (I won't hold my breath on THAT phone call happening.) I've never seen worse Customer service in my life. Their suggestion was to mail my phone in and wait 9+ days for it to be sent back! Haaa!
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! I can definitely understand your frustration with this situation. If you would like to reach out to a moderator here in a private message, we would be happy to review your case and provide any updates that are available. You are correct that we hide personally identifying information in public posts to help protect our customers' privacy. Additionally, since physical damage is not covered under the manufacturer's warranty, typically a replacement shelf would be at the customer's expense. Again, you're always welcome to reach out to us directly for more detailed information about your specific case.