JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New microwave works fine except the light pops the breaker

(Topic created: 06-06-2022 07:37 PM)
useruqGDQNTQH0
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We just installed our brand new slim microwave model ME11A7510. When we turn the light on, our breaker pops. The breaker is fine when we use the microwave and fan. The issue only happens with the light. Any idea what the issue is?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I've worked with electricity for a few years, a microwave should be on a 20 Amp breaker by itself and not sharing with other things exp. Toasters and other things drawing high amperage. You could try moving the microwave or, if by light you mean a switched room light, you can replace the Breaker if it's on 15 amps to a 20 amp or replace the outlet with a gfci outlet so it would only trip the outlet and not the whole circuit.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I've worked with electricity for a few years, a microwave should be on a 20 Amp breaker by itself and not sharing with other things exp. Toasters and other things drawing high amperage. You could try moving the microwave or, if by light you mean a switched room light, you can replace the Breaker if it's on 15 amps to a 20 amp or replace the outlet with a gfci outlet so it would only trip the outlet and not the whole circuit.