JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ring live view stopped working with latest Samsung update

(Topic created on: 11/1/20 8:34 AM)
usernI5qOXiG8g
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Since installing the latest Samsung Hub update, I am no longer able to access live view on my ring doorbell. I can access the live view from all other cameras and the app on my mobile device is working perfectly. I've logged out of the app, reset the lcd screen and deleted the app storage caches. I keep getting a message about a network error but I know that the network is working just fine. Prior to this update I had no problems viewing live video from the refrigerator and anytime someone rang the bell the video would automatically pop up on the screen. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ringfamilyhub
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Please note that this has been identified as a server issue and Amazon/Ring are currently investigating this on priority.

View solution in context

166 Replies
ringfamilyhub
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can you share the Ring app version ?

0 Likes
usernI5qOXiG8g
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The version is 4.1.24

0 Likes
userJn0YkftWC9
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem with live view in ring doorbell.

message popup says video streaming is not available,  due to network is not working. Please help me. Thanks 

0 Likes
userJWlAuEk6NX
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here. Live doesn't pop up on lcd when the doorbell is pushed. I have the doorbell pro that is hardwired and I have been having problems with the color on my doorbell recordings and Live views. I was wondering if the two are related. This started around 11/19/20. I'm not sure when the doorbell Live views stop working on the fridge. And noticed that the recordings on the fridge are showing up in 24h format. I have logged out and cleared the cache but no change. 

userzS71iXHyhc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Since latest update, I have had issue with Live View from the Ring App Version: 4.1.24 on

Samsung Model: RF265BEAESR/AA,RF265BEAESG/AA

Software Version:

TIZEN 4.0 (FHUB5.KTM.US.COMMON.MP.RELEASE 20200909_031916)

@ringfamilyhub 

userjqsJRtvv3u
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I can t get live video from my ring app on my fridge

0 Likes
SamsungBri
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

First, I would recommend clearing the app cache using by going into your Fridge's settings and going to Apps -> Storage -> Apps > Ring -> Clear Cache.

Check for software updates.

Tap Apps, tap Settings and then tap About Family Hub to look for software updates. If one is available, you can update the Family Hub from this page.

Check for app updates.

Tap Apps, and then check if the affected app has an arrow icon next to it. This indicates that the app needs an update.

To update it, either tap the app and install the update or enable Automatic Update at the top of the Apps screen. If Automatic Update is enabled, apps will check for updates at 7 a.m. every morning.

Factory Reset.

Navigate to the Settings screen, scroll down, and select Factory Data Reset. On the Factory Data Reset page is a list of which data will be erased. Press Reset.

Contact the creator of the app (if applicable).

If the app involves a third party (such as Pandora), reach out to the app developer to see if they are aware of the issue. Many times a fix is likely to be available soon.

Contact Samsung Support.

If the issue continues, please contact us by sending me a private message or calling 1-800-Samsung. Provide us with as much information as possible detailing the issue and any error codes that occurred so that we can escalate it to the appropriate department. Service is not required. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
IanBlake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

After the recent Samsung family hub software version (TIZEN 4.0), my ring doorbell camera view stopped working. The ring app version on the family hub is up-to-date (4.1.12)

I am seeing the following message "Video streaming is not available due to the network problem" (attached screenshot) and Im 100% sure is not a network problem

What I tried:

1.) Made sure that the doorbell and the family hub connected to the same network

2.) Deleted app's cache and logged into the app

3.) Restarted the Hub

PS 1: I am able to see the live stream of the doorbell camera from the mobile app.

PS 2: I am able to see live stream of other stick cameras that I have without any problem from the family hub

20201004_132849.jpg

user92DKnIa8wJ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problem here.  Nothing seems to fix it but it works fine via the app, or all my Alexa devices.  This is a bit frustrating!