Original topic:

Rusting dishwasher racks

(Topic created: 05-20-2022 01:30 AM)
userbXrLCBg1ks
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

I have model DW80K505UG dishwasher and am having issues with the bottom rack rusting. I noticed that others are having the same issue and want to know what I can do to have this item replaced by the warranty. I see the same warrant guidelines as another user stating that the rack is cover for 5 years and I have not reached my 5 years just yet. 

I currently have my whole kitchen Samsung but do not feel that their products have been as good as they were in the past. I also have Samsung tvs such as the frame and another. 

I would appreciate a response. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! I can understand the frustration with having the dishwasher rack rusting. There are a couple of options available at this time.

-The first option is to purchase a new rack through SamsungParts.com or by calling 1-800-627-4368.

-Alternatively, you can send a private message to one of the moderators here. We review situations like this on a case-by-case basis and would need further information about your case. You would need to include your full model and serial numbers, as well as your contact information. (If you have reached out to Samsung about this matter before, please include any ticket numbers from that contact as well. )

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! I can understand the frustration with having the dishwasher rack rusting. There are a couple of options available at this time.

-The first option is to purchase a new rack through SamsungParts.com or by calling 1-800-627-4368.

-Alternatively, you can send a private message to one of the moderators here. We review situations like this on a case-by-case basis and would need further information about your case. You would need to include your full model and serial numbers, as well as your contact information. (If you have reached out to Samsung about this matter before, please include any ticket numbers from that contact as well. )

usergHq9YivtjT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought a Stormwash 24" dishwasher, Model # DW80K5050UG, November 19, 2017.  I recently noticed that the bottom rack is cracked and rusting in a few places.  I checked the warranty information in the users manual and it states that the racking is covered for 5 years (see photo).  I called the 1-800# for service and was told THE RACKING IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!  Please explain.

dishwasher rack rusting 1.jpgdishwasher rack rusting 2.jpgdishwasher rack rusting 3.jpgWarranty InformationWarranty InformationThank you,

Daphne

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello, Daphne!

I completely understand the frustration with trying to get this matter resolved. Please allow one of our moderators to assist you with this directly. Can you please send myself or @Samsung Moderator a message along with your contact information, the Model & the Serial number of your unit, and a copy of the original bill of sale? We're happy to look into this further for you!  

All you would need to do is click on my name or the Samsung Moderator hyperlink and then select the message option. 

To send the photo of the Receipt (Bill of sale) You should be able to drag and drop that photo into your message, if you're not able to do that please just send that to our email at, samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com Please make sure to include a link to this thread so we can reference whom it belongs to.

We would need to look at this on a case-by-case basis to make the best determination for a resolution in this case. 

0 Likes
userk27hXAi5ZE
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I got expensive samsung diswasher model DW80M2020US/AA and now both top and bottom rack have started rusting. Its only been 2 year since I both the dishwasher and it has 10 years warranty. Can I get some help here?

IMG_7810.jpg

For-You
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Change the rack.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Samsung support 1-800-726-7864
userK3JvYu15mk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The top rack of our dishwasher started to rust/corrode in two spots.  The dishwasher isn't even two years old.

model   DW80R5060

020220714_155044.jpg20220714_155055.jpg

0 Likes
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Mostly all dishwashers have rubber covering the metal bars on both the top and bottom racks to prevent rust from corroding on them but the rack may have to be replaced
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! I can definitely understand the frustration with having the dishwasher rack rusting. There are a couple options available at this time. The first option is to purchase a new rack through SamsungParts.com or by calling 1-800-627-4368. Alternatively, you can message one of the moderators here by clicking our name and selecting private message. We review situations like this on a case by case basis, and would need further information about your case. You would need to include your full model and serial numbers, as well as your contact information. If you have reached out to Samsung about this matter before, please include any ticket numbers from that contact as well.