Original topic:

Top freezer of new refrigerator doesn’t freeze

(Topic created: Thursday)
Pawsings
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased a new  refrigerator /top freezer Model# RT18M6215WW/AA one year ago and stored it. I just plugged it in for the first time and the freezer only cools to 30*. The refrigerator section is fine. The freezer light works, but not the motor or fan. The freezer side of the computer panel doesn’t  work either, but the  refrigerator side of the computer panel does work. It sounds like an electrical problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could something have been damaged after storing it unused for one year?  Thank you. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Good question. Sometimes the controls are pre set to C
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
More than likely if something had been damaged, it would have been during transport. It could also have been defective from the start. Depending on how long the warranty is on the appliance, I would call Samsung service and find out what your options are. You accepted delivery and stored it without even plugging it in for 24 hours to make sure everything was working so you don't actually know if it ever worked properly. As to whether it could have been damaged in storage; I guess snything is possible depending on where and under what conditions it was stored.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Well, then it should still be under warranty, those parts are usually warranteed for 5 or 10 years.
0 Likes