Original topic:

Cannot get account support from this organization

(Topic created: 10 hours ago)
TerribleService
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I have to post here because the menu doesn't offer an option on Account Management or similar. I bought a TV. Samsung has spammed me relentlessly ever since.  I cannot turn it off, and I cannot get any help turning it off.  

1) The spam has an unsubscribe button. If I click it I get an error message. Have tried in four browsers.

2) I logged into my Samsung account and tried to tweak the settings, turn off notifications. It won't let me, I click and the bottom toggles back to Notifications On.

3) I wrote to the only email address in the spam.  They said I had to call a number. That number bounced me between five different people who had no idea how to do anything on accounts. Then to a number that was supposedly account management.  The guy insisted that Samsung doesn't send spam email.  I then read him the three I'd received in the past two days and he hung up.  Called the supposed Account Management number again and found myself with tech support people who had no idea how to contact Account Management.

4) Then I tried the Contact Us link that promised a Chat with a pro.  Waited a half hour with the message "you cannot type now."  Gave up.

5) Then I tried the link to SMS and ask for Support.  This only allowed options about particular devices. Dug a couple layers down and there was clearly no way to get help, gave up.

Why have I wasted all this time trying to get spam turned off?  Yes, I created a rule for all Samsung mail to go to Junk.  But I teach in a business school on tech industry and policy.  I cannot believe this organization insists on spamming customers by default, offers no way out, has no way to contact customer service on an account, and only offers drop down options for particular products.  It's a great teaching case.

1 Reply
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Have you gone into your Samsung account and set your communication preferences?  When you register a device in your account, you are automatically on their email list (they don't consider what they are doing spamming-it's marketing). Somewhere in your Samsung profile is the communication preferences where you can turn all that stuff off.  Log in to your Samsung account. Click on Manage Samsung Account, go to the privacy tab and turn the slider off next to "Get special offers and product news through email, push notifications, and third-party platforms". You should be bothered no more.

the easier way to find it (if you have a Samsung phone) is to go to the phone settings and click on your Samsung account, scroll down to Security & Privacy, tap that and then turn off the slider for get special offers...  If you don't have a Samsung phone, you will have to go to your account through the web browser.

0 Likes