JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

LCD TV colour washed out

(Topic created: 07-18-2022 01:24 PM)
userMgzN8DqTL5
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

the color on our TV is super faded.  It's happening with multiple sources with various input lines.

It's an older unit, series 5, 530  model #LN40A530P1FXZC

Can this be fixed? 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your TV color settings looking washed out. Since this is occurring you can try resetting your picture settings by doing the following. Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Reset Picture, and then select Yes to confirm. If that does not help there is some more information below 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079295/#:~:text=Using%20your%20remote%2C%20navigate%2...

0 Likes
userMgzN8DqTL5
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thanks for the suggestions, but I think this is a bigger problem.  Reset Picture did nothing, and playing around with all the settings in the link you provided made minimal difference - the washed out grey overwhelms any of these adjustments.  The picture is totally faded no matter the contrast or colour settings or anything else I played with.
Any other ideas?  Is this a repair job, or have we reached the end of life for this beast?
Thanks again, appreciate your help!

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Can I have you post a picture of this? You can drag/drop or copy/paste the photos in the message box.

userMgzN8DqTL5
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

20220721_120640.jpg

0 Likes
userMgzN8DqTL5
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thank you for looking into this for me

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

If a factory reset of the unit does not help, I recommend letting a service technician look this over. As we would like to look at this from a case by case basis, we would need to gather additional information. Please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location