Original topic:

Replacing TV after lighting strike caused power issues

(Topic created: 05-16-2024 01:26 PM)
Hi14
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello, this is me and I’m telling you guys that I’m about kiss goodbye to my old Samsung UN75TU700DF 7 Series 75 inch TV because it won’t turn on and we tried everything and it’s still not turning on so instead of spending money calling a professional, we decided to replace by getting a new Samsung CU7000B Smart TV on Tuesday May 14. So we decided to get a new one. The new one did turn on and was more responsive and had brighter colors than our old tv. So our brand new TV did better than our old one. We’ll wave our new TV hello and the old TV goodbye. Thanks.

7 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Well that didn't last long. That TV only came out 4 years ago. We have a 32" Vizio that still works great we bought in 2007.
0 Likes
Hi14
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

That TV manufactured from 4 years ago used to work a few years ago but since last week (May 9) it stopped working and we didn’t have a living room TV until  May 14. It’s due to a lightning strike.

0 Likes
Hi14
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

The only solution is to buy a new TV if your old one stops working.

0 Likes
Hi14
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Tom6068,  our new Samsung CU7000B Smart Matter Supported TV  was better than our old  TV because hiring a professional could be expensive for the old one. It is 75 inchesWell the new Samsung Smart TV  came out in 2023 .  Thank you for your attention.

0 Likes
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I had a friend who had the same thing happen to his old 50" tv a few years ago. He took it to a repair shop, but the repair technician could not save the tv. The old tv was dead, and beyond repair.
I suggested to my friend to look at new tvs at Best Buy, and he bought himself a new 50" Samsung 4k tv for $499.
0 Likes
Hi14
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

That’s expensive. We recommend to buy a TV at Walmart, they have lower prices.

0 Likes
Hi14
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs

TVs at Best Buy  is more expensive than at Walmart

0 Likes