Original topic:

S90C OLED Screen Saver coming on constantly

(Topic created: 11-24-2023 10:23 AM)
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Just got this TV a couple days ago. Whenever I am watching over the air channels the screen saver comes on every few minutes. Sometimes it takes awhile for it to start happening, but when it starts it comes on every minute or two. Anybody know how to fix this issue??? I seen another post on the S95 having the same issue. I need to figure this out soon so I can take this thing back if I have to. 

50 Replies
jtmccoy76
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Same thing happens with me. Beautiful picture, but this issues is a deal breaker. It happens on antenna and when playing Switch. The Samsung website says it can't be disabled. Should've just stuck with LG. Bye bye Samsung.

0 Likes
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Wondering if this is an issue with ALL of the S90Cā€™s or just certain ones??? Considering exchanging mine for a new one.

Really want to keep this TV, but Iā€™m not spending this much on something that has this big of an issue.šŸ‘ŽšŸ‘ŽšŸ‘ŽšŸ‘Ž

Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I actually thought I fixed the issue. About 3 weeks ago I signed out of my Samsung account (which I read on a different message board). It worked for about 3 weeks, then a couple days ago out of the blue it started again. My brother in law had just hooked an XBox to it the day before (first time a video game system had been hooked up to it) so Iā€™m not sure if that had something to do with it or not. Getting very frustrating!!!

0 Likes
PBH
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

S90C 65" received and setup 11/20/23.  Same issue with screen saver loop. Noticed on OTA and music app (I forget which one). Trying to 'fix' by accepting Chat Together terms. Initial 30 minutes without screensaver taking over is a positive sign.

UPDATE: After some time the screensaver loop kicks back in. Perhaps after I went thru a few channel surfing sessions. In any case, another 'fix' suggested elsewhere was to set the Auto Power Saving to ON. I did that and it seemed to make a difference. But the Chat app is still suspicious. I went back to that and made sure to disable notifications and also had the option to  refuse or leave (not sure the wording now) the service without deleting the app. I did that and was able to get through the day of OTA football without screen saver loop issues.

0 Likes
mfkozlow92
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Just got a brand new QN77S90CAFXZA (77 inch S90c) and it randomly goes into screen saver mode when watching TV. Found absolutely nothing online other than to turn off the screen saver setting in the settings. The screen saver option is not in my settings so here is how I fixed it!

In order to fix this you have to enter the service menu. The special low level menu that service technicians use that runs underneath the OS. If you don't have an older Samsung remote, go get that first. I tried going without it, but it is absolutely necessary. 

1. Power on TV.

2. Press Mute-1-1-9-OK-OK in quick succession.

3. When menu pops up in upper left corner of TV, press 1-2-3-4 in quick succession. (This allows you to navigate through the menu)

4. Go to Control then QD settings and find these two options: "Screen Saver Waiting Time" and "Screen Saver Method"

5. Set both of these values to 0 and power off the TV.

That's it! You are done and no more BS with the pointless screen saver on an LED system.......

Also not to discredit anyone about the Chat Together App. Yes it is complete **bleep** and most likely causing all of these issues due to poor programming. Really easy part on lazy Samsung to just put this screen saver option in the menu. Do better Samsung, you charge an arm and a leg for these TV's...

Linneaus
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I don't see any old remotes with an "OK" button. Do you mean press "mute 1-1-9-0-0"?

I'm guessing this voids the warranty.

0 Likes
Sawadee
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Well, donā€™t know it this will work but love to know about these service menu access.

Believe it or not have been dealing with this for many months with a 55ā€ 90C.

Samsung Customer Service could not solve this issue ( technical skill level was very low- script kitty reading computer scripted directions).

When it was not solved they sent me a new 55ā€ 95C.. But it took 2 months to arrive. No complaints as this is a much better HDTV.
Then in two weeks guess what, ā€œitā€™s back!ā€.

So just did this menu change and will report back in 30 days .

Thank you very much for the info.

Love secret menus!

0 Likes
Norway
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Had the same problem: cause is that App Chat Together issues notifications that cause the screen saver to turn on.  If you delete the app it goes away until they reinstall the app, which seems to occur every 24 hours.  The only way is to find the app after Samsung reinstalls. Do a search to find the app , the app is hidden sometimes. and open it up. It will ask you to OK information they learn about you. Just accept and then go into notications and turn it off - no notifications will occur and no screen saver screen. Just do not turn on the app.  When watching OTA, samsung will reload it on your TV if you have deleted it,  the App  will issue notifications and the screen saver will occur. 

0 Likes
rjg426
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I couldn't find notifications anywhere, to turn them of, so  I deleted the app but the TV still instantly went into blank screen saver mode so not having the app installed didn't help in my case.  If I can find an old Samsung remote, I'll try to enter the service menu method mentioned a few posts above.

0 Likes
rjg426
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I just got into the technician menu as suggested a few posts above, but unfortunately it also did not solve the problem.  I thought maybe it didn't take, so got back in and both values were still changed to zero.  So while I appreciate everyone's suggestions, none have worked for me after verifying done correctly (deleted Chat Together and also modified the technician settings).  I also tried unplugging/replugging the TV after each.  I guess I'm stuck with this annoyance forever, but I otherwise love this TV.

0 Likes