Original topic:

S90C OLED Screen Saver coming on constantly

(Topic created: 10-16-2023 07:24 PM)
Close59956
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Just got this TV a couple days ago. Whenever I am watching over the air channels the screen saver comes on every few minutes. Sometimes it takes awhile for it to start happening, but when it starts it comes on every minute or two. Anybody know how to fix this issue??? I seen another post on the S95 having the same issue. I need to figure this out soon so I can take this thing back if I have to. 

Slick23
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

This has become a long thread. None of the changes suggested fix the screen saver, except perhaps the "back door" changes which invalidate your warranty. I spend hours on the chat line with Samsung, nothing they suggested permanently cured the problem. Sure, you do all kinds of resets, but it always comes back. Really too bad since the Samsung has such a great picture and user interface. This is a software bug, probably related to the removal of the "screen saver switch" in settings. 

I also had apps disappear and then get reinstalled mysteriously. The TV is getting to be like a Microsoft "Blue Screen of Death". 

0 Likes
Chuparam
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

This is the most annoying thing  I ever had with a tv. i think Auto Power Saving is the culprit. 
we watch local football games over the air.

The screen saver comes on after 5 mins watching tv. Every two minutes after that and on and on on. 
I think the sleep mode is active even though it say it is off in settings. 

• Auto Power Saving Try Now
    When the TV is connected to Wi-Fi, this feature checks Wi-Fi signals and remote control usage da whether the TV is used. If the TV is left idle, the feature automatically switches off the screen.

So, i disconnected the wifi and was able to wach the game without interruption. I have a fire stick to watch streaming services. The tv needs wifi to use alexa or bixby. Not having that is not a deal breaker for me. 

0 Likes
Cstraubs
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Yeah that's totally unacceptable for a $1600 tv. Just got mine out of the box and dealing with that mess.
Brent333
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I never see the chat thing, and I'm not sure I have it, but every minute on antenna, the screen saver comes on. The TV does not recognize that it's playing anything or something. My recent is antenna TMZ. Ok I seen the chat thing, I've never noticed it before. Mine is a 89C also.
0 Likes
Chuparam
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

If you disconnect from wifi the screen saver wont come on while watching via antenna

0 Likes
userqoiWcbgoTR
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
If you keep the TV on Intelligent mode it stays on...picture mode eye comfort...
0 Likes
CBM76
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I had the same problem with the screen saver coming out every few minutes when watching TV over cable (Comcast). I found the answer to our issue on YouTube. So from Settings > All Settings >General & Privacy >Power and Energy Savings >Auto Power Saving...that's it...Good luck
0 Likes
Jongr
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Bought mine last week. No issues with OTA broadcast TV until I turned on closed captions (Accessibility menu), and then the screensaver issue started and I found this thread. I turned off CC and unplugged the TV for a few minutes. Then TV was fine for 10 or so minutes until I turned CC back on. Screensaver issue came right back. I'll try suggested solutions but figured I'd share my CC experience.

EdFromOhio
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I talked with support last night, and there is a firmware update to address this.  In my case, the update was about 1.6GB which is apparently too large for the TV to apply.  I had to download it to a USB stick then do the update, which it then recognized from the USB stick and applied.  The firmware version I loaded was 1319.  The download path was https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/202401/20240111104216816/T-PTMCAKUC.zip

0 Likes
BH in MD
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I just installed the 1319 firmware update.   Fingers crossed this does the trick!

UPDATE 1/28/24:  Its been (1) week since I installed the firmware update and I have not seen the screen saver once.

0 Likes