Original topic:

S95 hdr icon gone?

(Topic created: 06-12-2024 09:35 PM)
Dirkness
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I recently noticed that my S95b no longer shows a HDR logo in the image settings when playing HDR content. Is there's something wrong with my tv or did Samsung change something?

2 Replies
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
LED and OLED TVs

It's a possibility of a change on your signal. The icon only appears if it's getting HDR - make sure that your settings are good, then check your external signal devices (cable box, streaming app - some apps require a certain level of subscription before they provide said signal type, internet speed can also be a factor in rather you receive HDR content or not.) 

More helpful info: 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/tv-audio-video/tv-what-is-hdr/#:~:text=1%20Using%20your%20TV's%20...

0 Likes
Dirkness
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

There's nothintlg wrong with the signals. I've tried several subscription series on which I always watched in HDR, I tried my 4k blurays, I tried my PS5. My devices confirm they're giving an HDR signal, it all looks hdr. My settings show that gamma is st.2084, that's hdr as far as I know. But my tv doesn't show the hdr icon on my image settings while playing hdr content. I don't have any idea why not.

0 Likes