Original topic:

S95 hdr icon gone?

(Topic created: 06-12-2024 09:35 PM)
Dirkness
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I recently noticed that my S95b no longer shows a HDR logo in the image settings when playing HDR content. Is there's something wrong with my tv or did Samsung change something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying to unplug the TV and leaving it off for a few. And see if this still occurs. You can also try a factory reset on the TV too to see if this helps. I would also recommend trying a new HDMI cable too just to make sure. But as long as the HDR is working then everything should be fine. If it is not working service would be recommended.

Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

3 Replies
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
LED and OLED TVs

It's a possibility of a change on your signal. The icon only appears if it's getting HDR - make sure that your settings are good, then check your external signal devices (cable box, streaming app - some apps require a certain level of subscription before they provide said signal type, internet speed can also be a factor in rather you receive HDR content or not.) 

More helpful info: 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/tv-audio-video/tv-what-is-hdr/#:~:text=1%20Using%20your%20TV's%20...

0 Likes
Dirkness
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

There's nothintlg wrong with the signals. I've tried several subscription series on which I always watched in HDR, I tried my 4k blurays, I tried my PS5. My devices confirm they're giving an HDR signal, it all looks hdr. My settings show that gamma is st.2084, that's hdr as far as I know. But my tv doesn't show the hdr icon on my image settings while playing hdr content. I don't have any idea why not.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying to unplug the TV and leaving it off for a few. And see if this still occurs. You can also try a factory reset on the TV too to see if this helps. I would also recommend trying a new HDMI cable too just to make sure. But as long as the HDR is working then everything should be fine. If it is not working service would be recommended.

Depending on your warranty you will have a few options.

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/