JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S95B Bluetooth Headphone Distortion

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
sodot
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I've been successfully syncing my Bose 700 Headphones to my S95B for over a year.

As of a few nights ago, there is a blatantly bad distortion occuring. It occurs regardless of source (internal streaming apps/HDMI'd X-Box).

I've tested the headphones on multiple devices in my home, so I know they work fine.

I've also tested my Samsung Buds Pro and get the same distortion.

I've run the TV's Bluetooth diagnostic test and it claims Bluetooth is acting fine. 

Has anyone else experienced this as of late? I know there was a software update not too long ago, but I'm pretty sure the Bluetooth connection worked just fine immediately after the update. 

This just isn't something you'd expect from such an expensive TV.

UPDATE 1:

Fixed it...reset the Smart Hub. 

UPDATE 2: was fixed for 5 minutes. Now it's worse.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thank you for that information! I've forwarded the issue to our specialized team for further investigation. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hello! @sodot Thank you for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist you with it. Can you repair the headphones? Sometimes, this can reset the connection and clear up the distortion. Also, ensure the software is updated Navigate to Settings> Support> Software Update> Update Now.  You can try a factory reset if nothing else works, but back up any important settings first. Navigate Settings> General> Reset. Enter your PIN( Default is 0000) and confirm the reset. Once reset, set up the TV again and pair the headphones to check if the distortion persists.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
sodot
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I was updated to the latest 👍.

I also factory reset a few times last night and it seemed to help (unless I switch apps...i.e., when I switch from my Xbox to the TV's Netflix app it becomes distorted again).

Now I have bigger problems though, the S95B won't connect to my headphones at all. I tried unpairing, but now the TV is unable to pair back up with the headphone all together.

The odd part, I have two cheaper Samsung TV's that
the headphones connect to just fine. One of them even runs a similar looking OS to the S95B.
0 Likes
sodot
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Update: I seem to have gotten it to work.

Update 2: already broken....this is clearly a software issue. I really hope Samsung plans on fixing it.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Thank you for that information! I've forwarded the issue to our specialized team for further investigation. 

0 Likes